FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #186 "Film's not dead"

Page  12>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #186 "Film's not dead"
    Posted: 18 December 2013 at 11:45
Dear Dyxumers,

After carefully counting all votes and I am pleased to announce the photo which won the competition this time:

"Exit" by brian33

As usual we have also Honourable Mention awards which go to:

"Stranded" by Ome Kees

and

"loneliness" by Minoltista

Personally I'm really happy to see so many excellent film photos - film is not dead indeed

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr

Edited by MiPr - 18 December 2013 at 13:33
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

Saint_Dazza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Saint_Dazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 13:23
Congratulations Brian, an excellent shot and my personal favourite! Congratulations to HM's Ome Kees and Minoltista too, very strong images both of them!
|A99||A77||A55||Min 20/2.8||Sony 16-50/2.8||Min 28-70G||Min 80-200G-HS||Min 35/2||Min 85G||Min 100/2|Min 100-300APO-D||∑70/2.8 macro||Min 500 f/8|flickr|
darosa View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 13:50
Congratulations to all 3!

It can be no coincidence that these 3 are all film enthusiasts.

Practice makes perfect.
ricardovaste View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ricardovaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 15:08
Congrats Brian! Really liked your shot & Minoltista's.
I photograph the moments in people's lives that mean the most to them: Richard Harris Photography
dca1213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dca1213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 19:37
Well done Brian, congratulations. And also congrats to the HM's all three photos are winners.
Dennis
Mark_k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 21:20
Congratulations
Mark K A99II A7rII, A77, A6k, RX100III

waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 22:05
Congratulations, Brian - the best shot won! Congratulations also to the HMs, fine work!
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
Daytona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daytona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 00:04
Congratulations Brian33 and also the HM's !
brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 07:08
I'm so happy! The film DPC was important to me because ever since I discovered the joys of film photography I am totally hooked! A lot of it has to do with the camera itself - the Minolta x-700 which is an absolute joy to shoot with - but it's also the look of the film itself.

Anyway grand thanks to MiPr for organizing the DPCs like a true maestro and the HMs are great. Ome Kees's photo because it's timeless and therefore very fitting to film and Minoltista's because it's simply a great street photo, tells a real story.
I detest bugs, especially spiders.
Stormvogel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stormvogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 08:00
Brian congratulations and the HM too.

All ways in a good mood here.
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 00:21
Film is definitively not dead, far from it.
Big congrats to winner and hms, very well done!
Kindness and compassion
WSU6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WSU6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 18:41
Beautiful shot, Brian. Well deserved win.
Congrats to the honorable mentions, also!

-Bill
Pappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2013 at 20:06
Brian33, your photo is like an homage to Lennart Olson.
brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 08:14
Originally posted by Pappy Pappy wrote:

Brian33, your photo is like an homage to Lennart Olson.

Thanks, Pappy! I'd never heard of him before and just looked him up, he's a very interesting photographer!
I detest bugs, especially spiders.
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  12>