FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #192 "The Best Of 2013"

Page  123>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #192 "The Best Of 2013"
    Posted: 05 March 2014 at 08:51
Dear Dyxumers,

The voting for the best photo of 2013 ended some time ago: we had 126 candidating photos - really excellent work from everyone, so it was really hard to choose the favourites and even harder to predict whcih one will be the best.

Now, when all votes are counted the situation became clear. Ladies and gents, I'm pleased to announce following photo as "The Best Of 2013":

"The Cold pony" by Gert van den Bosch

Lovely shot indeed!

The two contenders that were very close behind the winner and which get the Honourable Mention award are

"Sea of seaweeds" by napo

and

"Only love matters" by Sharpeye

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC. It was real pleasure to look at the best photos of Dyxum

Happy shooting,
MiPr

Edited by MiPr - 05 March 2014 at 08:55
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

Swede66 View Drop Down
Knowledgebase Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote Swede66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 09:10
Wow, magnificent photos. What talent we have here on Dyxum!
rovhazman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Knowledge Base Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote rovhazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 09:10
Congrats Gert for another prize for this stunning, price-winning photo!

The HMs, and many other great photos that were nominated, are also very impressive.
I feel honored to be part of this community of great photographers!

Edited by brettania - 05 March 2014 at 10:17
Roby72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roby72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:05
My eyes are happy and thank you all! Congrats!
ILCE-7M2 - BATIS25F2 - SEL35F28Z - SEL55F18Z - SEL90M28G - SAL70400G
https://plus.google.com/+RobertoGardella
Gert van den Bosch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gert van den Bosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:10
I am very flattered, and flabbergasted that I have won. Another succes for the Pony. Thank you very, very much. You probably know that I seldom compete in the DPC's, and winning this one means really something to me. I would also like to congratulate Napo and Sharpeye.

Edited by Gert van den Bosch - 05 March 2014 at 10:34
I like down to earth photography. :)
mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU coördinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:18
Three extraordinary photos.   My eyes are happy, also
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
  •  

brettania View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Dyxum factotum

Post Options Post Options   Quote brettania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:19
    Three great shots, with Gert's pony in the snow a deserved overall winner.

owenn01 View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote owenn01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:42
    Stunning images all - the PoTY is a very worthy winner not only for it's composition and simplicity but there's also almost a personal connection between the viewer and the Pony - it's a very, very good image indeed.

Love the simplicity of the HM's as well - though both very different they work so well.

We should also congratulate all the other authors who have submitted to this years competition - one of the best I can remember and full of interesting, stimulating and creative images - well done everyone for making Dyxum such a great place to see images on!

Best regards to all, Neil.
    My Mantra: "Comment on other's work as you would wish to have yours commented upon". Go on - it's fun!
    Wang TH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wang TH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 12:31
    Amazing selection. Totally deserving!
    Teck Heng
    Jozioau View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jozioau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 12:35
    Superb images, all three. What a wonderful display of talent. Congratulations all around.
    "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" - Henri Cartier-Bresson
    My FlickrPro site
    Nicodemus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nicodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 12:53
    All are spectaculars, very long time not have seen anything like this and I like them very much.
    Congratulations!
    dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 13:46
    Amazing photos! Congrats
    napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 14:18
    Congrats Gret for the Pony. Stunning winner indeed……. Also congrats to Sharpeye and to many many many others who participated in this contest……… I remember I could not decide which one to vote. So many excellent photos here!!!   
    Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link
    waldo_posth View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2014 at 16:52
    The "Cold Pony" really stands out! A worthy winner of this contest - my congratulations to Gert! The HMs are excellent as well, they really come close!
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  123>