FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #205 "Panning"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #205 "Panning"
    Posted: 16 September 2014 at 09:16
Dear Dyxumers,

After counting all votes carefullyI am pleased to announce the photo which won the competition in this DPC - really excellent photo which exemplifies that photography is really not all about fastest and sharpest lenses, highest ISO, etc. This photo just has 'that something':

"Long jump" by Bob J

The Honourable Mention award goes to the photo which lost with the winner by a whisker ...

"Washington DC Metro" by clk230

... and to the photo which was not far behind those two:

"MIB - Motorcyclists In Black" by owenn01

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 13:03
Hey, that's great, Bob! Great shot and great HMs. Bob's really capture's the "controlled chaos" of the long jump while CLK230's shot is a real tricky achievement when capturing such an amplitude of movement it is difficult to get anything in focus. And Neil's shot is just a perfect execution of standard racing panning. Excellent!
I detest bugs, especially spiders.
owenn01 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote owenn01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 13:22
Great shot, Bob! I must admit my heart sank a little when I saw this entered (along with a few others!) and I wasn't wrong - a great piece of action photography taken to another level with the addition of the panning. Well done, Sir!

As for the other HM, well CLK230 has achieved a fine 'still' capture whan all around has been on the move - a really clever interpretation of the theme and a very worthy runner up!

Me? I'm just very pleased to be mentioned with what is a much more standard panning racing shot.

Well done everyone though and better luck next time...

Kind regards, Neil.
My Mantra: "Comment on other's work as you would wish to have yours commented upon". Go on - it's fun!
brettania View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Dyxum factotum

Post Options Post Options   Quote brettania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 11:30
Congrats to all three of you.
bigsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 19:51
Congratulations to bob for a very worthy winning shot and well done to the HMS too, three very different photos!
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today"

mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU co÷rdinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 20:45
Congrats, Bob! It's not the usual sort of panning shot and it stood out for that reason. Well done to the HMs too
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
  •  

Dodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 02:04
    Well done all three of you and Grats Bob! A very cool winner indeed.
    A900/A700/A77 Sony 20mm CZ 24-70mm Sony CZ 50/85/135 Minolta 100mm Macro & 300mm F2.8 G SSM
    My Flickr

clk230 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote clk230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 12:57

Well done Bob, a really interesting photo and good use of selective colour.
    DaveK View Drop Down
    Knowledge Base Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 15:34
    Well done! Congrats to you Bob (and the other finalists)!   
    Best regards, Dave
    A7r & A7r3
    Let's make a colorful world!
    Gallery
    waldo_posth View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 22:40
    Congrats, Bob, for catching an almost unbelievable jump! Congrats also to the HMs for their fine photos!
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
    Bob J View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bob J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 00:31
    Many thanks...
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners