FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #221 "Graffiti/Murals"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #221 "Graffiti/Murals"
    Posted: 25 May 2015 at 08:06
Dear Dyxumers,

This time we had exceptional situation - a draw between two photos: napo's and oliverdegante's. A voting between AMAEs helped us to decide between the two shots and I'm pleased to announce the winner:

"I see you" by napo

The equally good shot by oliverdegante takes the honourable mention award:

"graffiti in motion" by oliverdegante

We also decided to award the HM also to a very nice pegelli's shot:

"Kitty" by pegelli

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

pegelli View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote pegelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:01
Congrats napo, a very deserved win. I especially like the "interaction" between the graffiti and the walkers. Also congrats to oliverdegante, great bus mural. Honored to have my simple kitty in such good company
Mind the bandwidth of others, don't link pictures larger then 1024 wide or 960 pix high, see here
waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 00:22
My congratulations to napo, oliverdegante and pegelli - this are all very impressive examples of the competition's subject, fascinating to look at.
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU co÷rdinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 08:46
Well done, Napo. The HMs look good too! Congrats to all!
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
    lonewolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 09:19
    all fantastic, agree that having the people in the winning shot adds another dimension to it

a7rii+A6000 | Tamron 70-300 USD,24-70 USD 90mm macro | Sigma 35mm ART, Sony28/55/ 85mm| Plus lots of Nikon stuff

napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 09:32
    Thank you all for this honor. To me photos from oliverdegante and pegelli are winners too. Congrats to all    
    Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link

owenn01 View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote owenn01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 09:46
    A great set of images to end up 'top of the set' and a worthy (and very close run thing) winner!

This was an interesting DPC as it relied on other people's artistic talents and creativity with which to 'make' the initial image (ie the graffiti art work); it was then down to the photographer to make something else of that by putting their artistic interpretation onto that and creating something altogether different. The winner and the the close runner up show that off to perfection - a couple of really finely re-worked images that take the original work to somewhere else for us.

Well done everyone and best regards, Neil.
    My Mantra: "Comment on other's work as you would wish to have yours commented upon". Go on - it's fun!
    Swede66 View Drop Down
    Knowledgebase Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote Swede66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:54
    An interesting DPC, I agree. Making art out of art is not easy, congrats to the Winner and runner ups. Great job!
    website - a99m2 - a99 - a77M2 - a77 - a700 - RX100M3 - KM7D
    Cekari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cekari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 07:44
    Great shots! Congrats to all and esp. napo!
    Images https://www.flickr.com/photos/cekari/sets/ ,

English is a funny language, seldom it spells the words like I do
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners