FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #266 "Lines, patterns, repetitions"

Page  12>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #266 "Lines, patterns, repetitions"
    Posted: 01 February 2018 at 19:33
Dear Dyxumers,

I finished counting votes for this DPC and I'm pleased to announce the winner of the "Lines, patterns, repetitions" DPC: excellent photo by waldo_posth, which got more points thean the two next photos together! Well done indeed - well deserved congratulations to Harald!

"Axelborg" by waldo_posth

The Honourable Mention awards this time go to a very nice geometrical shot from Leo ...

"Roof reflected" by darosa

... and equally nice play of sun, shadows and textures by kenner1:

"Cargill Grain Terminal" by kenner1

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC.

Happy shooting,
MiPr

I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 20:03
Congratulation to Harald, Leo and kenner1 for beautiful images!
Kindness and compassion
Fred_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fred_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 20:32
Congrats all and Harald in particular!!
Beautiful shots and well deserved winner and HM's
bigsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 21:13
All three are excellent examples, well done Harald and the two hms
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today"

darosa View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 21:25
Harald, your photo had "DPC winner" written all over it and it must have been one of the easiest wins in all of Dyxum's history. Congrats!

I'm honoured to be in its shadow! Congrats to kenner1 for his HM for a shot with beautiful shadow play.
Coast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Coast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 23:27
Harald; congratulations great pic, great pick.
You really are a Winner
Sony a6500, Zeiss 16-70, Rokinon 12/ 2, 21/1.4, Rokkor MC 58/1.4, Sony 16-50, 55-210

Jozioau View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jozioau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2018 at 23:41
Well done Harald on your sublime winning photograph, and of course also to the HMs. Beautiful images.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" - Henri Cartier-Bresson
My FlickrPro site
clk230 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote clk230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 07:16
Beautiful, lovely image!
C & C always welcome
dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 08:06
Congrats!
Dopol View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dopol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 09:03
Congrats to all.
Love the Cargill Grain Terminal from kenner1
Be yourself, there are enough others Comment yourself there are enough interested readers
kenner1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kenner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 17:31
Congratulations to waldo-posth for your well deserved win. Great photo. Also to Darosa for your HM. Also thanks for the comments dopol, etc. The challenges are always interesting and give me a reason to try out something that maybe I hadn't thought of. Peter
http://kenner23.zenfolio.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kenner2356/
waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 22:13
That's a great honor! Thank you all who have voted for my entry very much. My congratulations to Leo and kenner1 (whose entries have been my favorites)!

After becoming desparate to get a symmetrical WA shot of the staircase (why didn't I bring a tripod and a leveling plate?) I changed the lens and the perspective and was just lucky to get this image.
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
LAbernethy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAbernethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2018 at 23:25
alpha_in_exile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alpha_in_exile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2018 at 14:07
Great photos, guys!
-- Matt
A900, Min 24/2.8, Min 50/1.4, Tam 90/2.8 Macro, Tam 70-200/2.8 | Nex5N & some MF lenses
my web gallery
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  12>