FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #164 "Abstract"

Page  12>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #164 "Abstract"
    Posted: 25 December 2012 at 22:53
Dear Dyxumers,

I'm announcing the winner a bit quicker than usual - there is nothing like spending an hour or two during Christmas getting the voting script to properly interpret votes - thank you my dear Dyxumers - you are very creative indeed No worries - it was really pleasure - a bit of coding instead of watching another stupid movie

Results this time are realy interesting. First of all we have a group of three photos which are very close to each other: 26, 27, and 29 points. Even a single vote could change the winner. More astonishingly - all three photos are placed one by one: #10, #11, and #12. But there was no grouping done - order of photos in the finals is the same in which they appeared in the candidates thread. Well, good quality attracts good quality it seems.

So, without more talk from my side please let me introduce the winner ...

"Abstract Reflection" by Klick-Klack

Personally I fully agree - this photo is special and no wonder that it got the prize.

Two photos that were very close behind the winner (and had all chances to becaome winners) are:

"Polletje" by digiton

and

"Wet Land" by napo

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr

Edited by Micholand - 14 July 2017 at 17:07
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

brettania View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Dyxum factotum

Post Options Post Options   Quote brettania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 23:21
I would like to add my own congrats. The skill levels involved are virtually indistinguishable.
waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 00:34
A fascinating winner's photo! My congratulations to klick-klack and the runners up, digiton and napo, for your excellent contributions.
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
Photosopher View Drop Down
Knowledgebase Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote Photosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 00:43
Incredible.
napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 00:49
Excellent photo from Klick Klack. Really worth winning the prize. Congrats!!!!   
Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 03:21
Congratulation to all three winners, wonderful images.
"Wet Land" is my favorite in the DPC.
Kindness and compassion

Stormvogel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stormvogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 05:34
Congrats to the winner what a good abstract and the HM also.
All ways in a good mood here.
MichelvA View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group
Knowledge Base Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote MichelvA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 11:20
Great shot and a well deserved winner
jenik.nk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jenik.nk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 11:26
Napo, I'm nervous, thrilled, excited... and angry that I don't understand it. What's that?

Congratulations to your shot

But I also like the rest of them, nice
α37 - Tamron 17-50 - Min 28-105, 35-105 (O), 35-70/4, Beercan, 135/2.8; Sony 50/1.4 - Σ EF-500 DG SUPER
napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 12:33
Jan these are rice terraces in Southern China as seen from high. Between December and April these terraces are filled with water and depending on light these terraces offer picturesque view.......
Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link
jenik.nk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jenik.nk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 21:09
Napo thanks, this was the only possibility I was thinking about, but... what are the small blue things that look like AA batteries?
α37 - Tamron 17-50 - Min 28-105, 35-105 (O), 35-70/4, Beercan, 135/2.8; Sony 50/1.4 - Σ EF-500 DG SUPER
happyjack View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote happyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 21:13
Great shots - and very hard to separate. Special congrats to Klik Klak for pipping at the post, but also congrats to digiton and napo
Howard
7D turned A77,77M2,MIN 50/1.4,MIN100/2.8macro,Sig10-20,F4-5.6,SAL70-300G,18-250,CZ16-80,SAL70-200/2.8,75-300,24-80/2.8SAM, TAm 150-600G2

My ZF
Robbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 21:22
Congratulations to klick-klack - a well deserved winner - and to the HMs for their also very good pictures

Karsten
leohendriks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote leohendriks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2012 at 21:49
Congrats to all.

I still have trouble with #1: what is it I am looking at and what is where (I assume it is a reflection in a building somewhere but I can't make out the building: very frustrating )?

@KLick-Klack: can you help me out?
-- Leo -- A850 and A580 & glass from 17 to 500mm --
-- My Homepage --
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  12>