FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #178 "Remake"

Page  12>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #178 "Remake"
    Posted: 28 July 2013 at 12:16
Dear Dyxumers,

After counting all votes it turned out that in fact this is the race between two photos: #13 and #14. They both left all other competitors well behind (including my own measly shots ). Well, both are excellent and since I saw them for the first time I had a feeling that one of them might be the winner.

So, ladies and gents, I'm pleased to announce the winner of the "Remake" DPC, which is ...

"The Dark Side of the Moon" by tafata

It seems that being #13 is not always bad thing ...

The photo which followed the winner step by step is:

"Girl with a Pearl Earring" by dilettante

and I'm really pleased to award it with the Honourable Mention. Indeed this is great example of how to "remake" old masters with modern equipment (which recalls me about interesting fact of which probably not many are aware - shortly after photography was invented painters frequently used it as a quick "recall me the view" medium which was greatly helping them to finish their paintings).

Congratulations to the winner and the HM and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr

Edited by MiPr - 28 July 2013 at 12:27
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

berlin steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote berlin steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 15:14
Both winner and HM are superb photos.

Well done both of you
F-Stop? F-Stopped! Anyone know how to get it going again???My Flickr
napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 15:21
Fantastic Dark Side of the Moon by Tafata but yes, both are great!!! Congrats!!!!!
Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link
bieomax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bieomax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 16:38
Congrats, some good imaginative remakes on this dpc
dca1213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dca1213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 16:54
Congratulations to the winner and the HM. Wonderful images and well deserved of recognition.
Dennis
mandobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mandobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 17:33
2 very fine photographs, very well done both of you

Stormvogel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stormvogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 17:47
Congrats Great remake The dark side of the moon!!

And the HM is fantastic too.

All ways in a good mood here.
rowivision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rowivision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 18:32
Congratulations to all, not only the two winners, which are both excellent.

Note to myself: Regarding coming DPCs: Dyxum members like Pink Floyd.
always on the need for improvement
MichelvA View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group
Knowledge Base Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote MichelvA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 19:46
Congrats to both. And the fun part for me is: Dark side of the moon is one of my favorite albums and Vermeer my favorite painter.
Tricky01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tricky01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 22:47
Great photos - love the winner, great creativity. The HM though; is this being used to advertise a photography studio in Netherlands - I'm sure I've seen this published in a street in South Holland in last couple of weeks?
A99s+VG, 16-35CZ, Sig35f1.4, 24-70CZ, 85CZ, 135CZ, Sony70-200G, Sony 70-400G II, Sigma 180 3.5 Macro, Gitzo Traveller, Flashes + PixelKings
simontregidgo.com
evangelos k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote evangelos k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 00:21
Great Photographs and well deserved!

Congrats to both    
α850 / α77 / NEX-6

flickr

mpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 01:18
Two very well thought out, constructed and shot photographs.

Well done both.

Perhaps this challenge should have had some Dishonourable Mentions as well. I would have nominated myself.
Mark
faceless_el View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote faceless_el Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 02:35
congrats to both
| Sony α77ii & α37| Sony NEX-C3 | Learning one picture at a time
waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 03:10
My congratulations to tafata for a wonderfully creative remake and to dilettante for a masterful copy!
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  12>