FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #204 "Knife"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #204 "Knife"
    Posted: 15 September 2014 at 11:32
Dear Dyxumers,

Wow! I do not think we have ever had a photo that won the competition so much ahead of other competitiors. But no wonder because the idea and execution of this shot is great

"Shoot High Aim Low" by napo

The two photos which earned the Honourable Mention awards are:

"Nakamura" by joel22484

and

"Stupid Knife Tricks(*)" by pdeley

(*) no knives were hurt in the making of this picture

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

pdeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pdeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 20:35
A well-deserved bullseye for napo!

The contest was over from the moment we saw the masterful unofficial outtake from "crouching photographer/flying blade".

Edited by pdeley - 15 September 2014 at 20:39
a450, a500, a65, a7, 700si & other 35 mm bodies, Sig 15-30, sam 30 2.8 macro, Pentax 40 2.8 pan, Sig 70 f2.8 macro, Vivi 90 f2.8 macro, Mino 100-400 apo, 300 f4, 500 f8, 600 f4
Dopol View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dopol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 20:46
Well deserved winner. Great idea, great execution. Congratulations napo
And very good honorable mentions too
Be yourself, there are enough others Comment yourself there are enough interested readers
stresskiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stresskiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2014 at 23:15
congrats
happy a6000 and A7II user and bokeh lover :)

SteveMRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SteveMRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 01:32
Fantastic picture. Definitely deserves to win. Congratulations Napo.

I do have a question though- the EXIF data says it was taken at ISO200, f5.6 and 1/50. How did you stop the action with such a slow speed- flash?
Steve Rose
a99 & a99ii-VCG/a77ii-VGC|Son 24-70 ZA f2.8|Son 18-135 f3.5-5.6|Min 35 f2|Min 50 f1.4|Min 80-200 2.8 APO HS G|Min 100 f2.8 MACRO|Son 70-400G f4.5-5.6|Sig 400 APO MACRO|HVL-F58 & F60
Jozioau View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jozioau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 02:40
No surprise to see this result. The image is superbly conceived and executed. Congrats, Napo.
And to the HMs too.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" - Henri Cartier-Bresson
My FlickrPro site

GlassEye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlassEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 14:24
Congratulations, Napo! Creative concept and technique.
Praise of HMs, too. This seemed to be a difficult theme and these are great examples.

Mike
GlassEye      
I use only free range, organic pixels. Some pixels have been processed, but no pixels were injured in the creation of my images. All pixels are returned to the wild.
mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU co÷rdinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 20:46
Well done to everyone!
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
    dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 02:13
    I'm still wondering how he did it, very well executed and congrats to the HMs too.
    napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 06:30
    Thank you all very much. Joel and pdeley congrats to you too!!! Pity we were so few in this contest.                               Sorry for late reply but I am away from my computer traveling in western China with not much internet around.             
    About the photo few words for those who are wondering. The knife is actually not moving but is hanged by two very thin strings which I cloned out later...      :)
    Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link
    svjetlana View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 01:10
    Congratulations to the winner and the HMs.
    George: Fantastic idea and execution for this challenging dpc. It was very obvious winner.   
    Kindness and compassion
    Dodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 02:00
    All great shots guys, well done!
    A900/A700/A77 Sony 20mm CZ 24-70mm Sony CZ 50/85/135 Minolta 100mm Macro & 300mm F2.8 G SSM
    My Flickr

waldo_posth View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2014 at 22:37
    Excellent winner photo! I hope nobody was injured during the trial sessions (I would have told the same story about the strings cloned out afterwards, but let's face it: doing it that way would have been only half the fun!).
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners