FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #212 "Sculpture"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #212 "Sculpture"
    Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:10
Dear Dyxumers,

Eventually I managed to finish vote counting and I am pleased to announce the photo which won the competition which was very tough this time:

"For the victims of the Flood" by darosa

It should be noted that this time there was no clear winner - the leading group is only one or two points apart so the two photos were really close to getting the prize. Well, the winner can only be one, so they get the Honourable Mention award:

"I See You" by Obelix

and

"The Satyr" by brian33

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU co÷rdinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2015 at 14:19
Well done, Leo. That's a good start to the year!   Fine HM's too - it was a big competition!
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
    Snegren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Snegren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2015 at 14:59
    I thought it would be a winner the 1st time I laid my eyes on it. It means two wins out of the last three (211 not finished yet but Leo is not in the final) for Leo and rightly so. Well done. Very good HMs too. Such a great competition.

Edited by Snegren - 01 January 2015 at 15:03
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules
    The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools
    Daytona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daytona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2015 at 16:07
    Congratulations Leo and the HMs to
    darosa View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 00:30
    I hadn't seen this one coming so it's a very pleasant surprise and a great start of the year for me!

Thanks all!

BTW: this sculpture for the victims of the Watersnoodramp is in Breskens (Zeeland). It's part of the Delta works. The dike revetments along the Oosterschelde and Westerschelde are reinforced due to climate change and relative sea-level rise.

On a personal note: my inlaws were rescued from the roof of their house in Kruiningen in the Watersnood disaster. My wife was only 3 at the time and doesn't have any conscious memories.

HMs: congrats!

Edited by darosa - 02 January 2015 at 00:42
    ifreedman View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote ifreedman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2015 at 01:02
    Congrats!
    A77ii, A6000 + various alpha, homemade and adapted lenses
    Articles: Tilt-Shift Lenses

brian33 View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 09:50
    A lovely winner! I was immediately drawn to it when I first saw it posted. Very compelling composition for Obelix's HM and of course I'm delighted to be in such illustrious company.
    I detest bugs, especially spiders.
    der dickgg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote der dickgg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 12:12
    Well done, Leo. Hope to see more of this kind of level!
    Quit a lot of ALPHA gear, a nice collection of Sigma lenses, Dynax and M42 stuff, NEX i.c.w. Sigma's, Gitzo's, Visico's and lots of video-equipment
    svjetlana View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2015 at 18:11
    Well done Leo, Dalibor and Brian! Big Congrats!
    Kindness and compassion
    brettania View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Dyxum factotum

Post Options Post Options   Quote brettania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2015 at 10:51
    Top shots, all three.
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners