FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #240 "The Best Of 2015"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #240 "The Best Of 2015"
    Posted: 29 April 2016 at 21:26
Dear Dyxumers,

Finally I managed to complete all "book-keeping" around "The Best Of 2015" DPC and I'm pleased to announce the winner of the DPC, i.e. the photo which you deemed the best in 2015

"The butterflies" by Sharpeye

This is really outstanding shot and well deserving the prize - it gathered much more votes than any other photo in this DPC. Congrats!

As usual we have also Honourable Mention awards which go to excellent Mihai-Ian's landscape:

"some smoke&fog" by mihai-ian

and outstanding bigsi's BIF shot

"Starlings at Roughtor" by bigsi

To be honest I would like to mention many more photos - this was quality DPC - really "Best Of 2015", but well - we can have only one winner and two HMs

Thanks for participating and may the light be with you
MiPr

I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

ratboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ratboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 21:31
Congratulations to SharpEye for winning, well done to the HMs. Outstanding photos !
luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 21:44
Well deserved! Congrats to all!
bigsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 09:49
A deserved winner, a remarkable photo sharpeye! Well done mihai-ian too, and I'm over the moon to get an HM from among such great photos this year.
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today"

EddyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EddyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 11:42
Excellent winner...
2 eyes | 2 slices of silicon | a few kilos of glass | my photo blog
Dodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 01:40
An absolutely stunning and well deserved winner. Well done the top three!
A900/A700/A77 Sony 20mm CZ 24-70mm Sony CZ 50/85/135 Minolta 100mm Macro & 300mm F2.8 G SSM
My Flickr

mihai-ian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mihai-ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 08:49
spectacular winner, I loved both sharpeye's photos in the competition and it was very hard to chose between them; truly honoured to see my name mentioned,
ijsvogel View Drop Down
Knowledgebase Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote ijsvogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:46
wow...what a great, superb picture,s
well diserved winner ,and ofcourse also number two

gongratulations both

greetings
gustav
my picture`s

www.gkiburg.nl A77 A99 SAL70-400 GII SAL300mm 2.8 SSM-G   SAL500mm F4 SSM-G SAL70-400 SSM-G
http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/profile/109172/
Basil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Basil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 14:08
Congratulations sharpeye on a stunning picture. Hats off to the HMs on excellent shots as well.
To see is to enjoy. To see beyond is to rejoice.

A77Mark II; A850; A700; A100; NEX 6; various film bodies and an ever-changing collection of lenses
glad2badad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote glad2badad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 17:12
Super shots for sure! It would be nice if the photo stats carried over to this thread (Camera / Lens / f-stop / etc...).
http://www.misterbsphotography.com, A7II, A77II, A77, A700, Lens ... too many to list. :-)
brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 17:41
Always a joy to take part in this particular DPC, whether it be to enter a photo, peruse the contestants, vote in the finals or marvel at the final results. These photos in particular a joy!
I detest bugs, especially spiders.
waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 18:03
Congrats to Sharpeye. Training those butterflies to sit in parallel alone would have been prize-worthy!

Congrats to the HMs as well! A great selection this year!
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
Atom Ant View Drop Down
Assignments Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Quote Atom Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 05:40
Remarkable shots. Congrats to Sharpeye, mihai-ian & bigsi. Well deserved.

And respect to all who entered - so many wonderful shots. What a clever bunch you are!
No need for formality - call me Tony! My Flickr Photostream
darosa View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:14
What a beautiful shots, all 3!
Congrats, congrats, congrats!
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners