FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC 265 "Long Exposure"

Author
pegelli View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote pegelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC 265 "Long Exposure"
    Posted: 17 December 2017 at 21:01
Dear Dyxumers,

The vote counting is finished! I am very pleased to announce the winner of DPC #265 "Long Exposure":

"In" by West

The Honourable Mention award goes to these two photos (with a significant margin in votes below the the winning shot) :

"Maximum Velocity" by WestCoastCannuck

"Space Turbines" by pdeley

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs! Their excellent shots demonstrate that long exposures lead to long enjoyment.
Thank you all for participating and voting in this DPC.
And don't forget to enter in the next DPCs!
Mind the bandwidth of others, don't link pictures larger then 1024 wide or 960 pix high, see here

luke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote luke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 21:26
Congratulations, West! And also to the HM's. well deserved!
All the best,
L
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 13:55
Cogratualtion Sergei, great winner! It is really "In"
Also congrats to Mike and @pdeley for "turning" shots.
Kindness and compassion
Basil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Basil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 14:43
Congratulations on a great winning shot! Hat's off to the HM's also. Well done by all.
To see is to enjoy. To see beyond is to rejoice.

A77Mark II; A850; A700; A100; NEX 6; various film bodies and an ever-changing collection of lenses
West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 17:41
Wow! Thanks a lot.
It's a great honor for me!
And of cause my congrats to all participants, they do a great job!!!
Fred_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fred_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 21:19
Congrats West, it was my favourite!
The other HM's are well deserved as well
Anyhow applause to all participants, personally I had a complete lack of inspiration on this subject.

Jozioau View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jozioau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 23:25
A wonderful trio of images. Congratulations all round.
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" - Henri Cartier-Bresson
My FlickrPro site
Atom Ant View Drop Down
Assignments Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Quote Atom Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 03:34

Congratulations West - only a special shot could have won against so much quality. Well done.
Congrats also to WestCoastCannuck & pdeley - very deserving.
I hope the 3 of you won't mind me adding that this DPC bought out lots of great shots. (So many that I found myself unable to vote!) So I'll also tip my hat to the other entrants who produced such excellent work.
No need for formality - call me Tony! My Flickr Photostream
pdeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pdeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2017 at 19:36
Hats off to Sergei for the outstanding winning shot, and to all participants for the wonderful diversity of subjects and beautiful images.

I'm very happy, but also surprised and humbled to be one of the runners-up (or is it runner-ups?). Long exposure techniques aren't among my familiar photo pursuits, I learned a lot from this DPC ... and burned a lot of pixels and electrons along the way!
a450, a500, a65, a7, 700si & other 35 mm bodies, Sig 15-30, sam 30 2.8 macro, Pentax 40 2.8 pan, Sig 70 f2.8 macro, Vivi 90 f2.8 macro, Mino 100-400 apo, 300 f4, 500 f8, 600 f4
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners