FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #267 "The Best Of 2017"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #267 "The Best Of 2017"
    Posted: 12 March 2018 at 08:47
Dear Dyxumers,

After counting all votes it turned out that Christine (kapuschinsky) made it again! She took the prize for the best photo of 2016 and now - for 2017. Well desrved win, although there were many outstanding competitors which were close behind in the number of earned votes.

"Solitude" by kapuschinsky

The Honourable Mention awards go to excellent Neil's photo

"Palau de la M˙sica Catalana Barcelona" by owenn01

as well as two photos (ex aequo) by Mike and Eddy

"Last Light Lucky" by WestCoastCannuck

"Time Frame (Ostend, Belgium)" by EddyH

To be honest, wehen I was reviewing all photos in the voting thread in order to select the winner and HMs I was again amazed with the overall quality of shots. This was indeed best of 2017 showcase. For me - it is hardly possible to select the winner! All the more so - congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC

Happy shooting,
MiPr

Edited by MiPr - 12 March 2018 at 14:14
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

Jozioau View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jozioau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 09:15
An absolutely stunning and most worthy photo of the year, and three outstanding HMs.
This remarkable forum is home to some seriously gifted artistic and photographic talent, as evidenced by our weekly exhibitions, our challenges and contests, and the 'Best of ...(the year)" is at the pinnacle.
Congratulations to Christine, Neil, Mike and Eddy for these masterpieces. (And Mirek for the organising).
"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" - Henri Cartier-Bresson
My FlickrPro site
pegelli View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote pegelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:09
Originally posted by MiPr MiPr wrote:

To be honest, wehen I was reviewing all photos in the voting thread in order to select the winner and HMs I was again amazed with the overall quality of shots. This was indeed best of 2017 showcase.

+1

Congrats Christine, a well deserved win and indeed a great achievement to do this two years in a row!

Also congrats to Neil, Mike and Eddy, all very worthy images to get picked by our members to stand a bit above the rest

Last but not least, thanks to MiPr for organizing thi DPC, very much appreciated!

Edited by pegelli - 12 March 2018 at 11:17
Mind the bandwidth of others, don't link pictures larger then 1024 wide or 960 pix high, see here
owenn01 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote owenn01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:23
Wow - I am really honored! I never expected to get amongst the also-rans let alone an HM

The biggest congratulations should, of course, go to Kristine for a beautifully executed and thought-provoking image to get the overall winners spot - and for the second year running! We all need to up our games everyone!!

Well done to everyone who submitted an entry and, as mentioned above, this is a wonderful site with some very talented, clever and imaginative people on it who produce images that make us think, make us wonder and, many times, inspire us. Well done all and keep up the standards!

Best regards, Neil.
My Mantra: "Comment on other's work as you would wish to have yours commented upon". Go on - it's fun!
dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:29
^agree :D
congrats all
Atom Ant View Drop Down
Assignments Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Quote Atom Ant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 10:30
Congratulation - wonderful work.
No need for formality - call me Tony! My Flickr Photostream

Reg.Dab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Reg.Dab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 11:27
Congratulation to All.
kapuschinsky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kapuschinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 16:02
Originally posted by Jozioau Jozioau wrote:

An absolutely stunning and most worthy photo of the year, and three outstanding HMs.
This remarkable forum is home to some seriously gifted artistic and photographic talent, as evidenced by our weekly exhibitions, our challenges and contests, and the 'Best of ...(the year)" is at the pinnacle.
Congratulations to Christine, Neil, Mike and Eddy for these masterpieces. (And Mirek for the organising).

Originally posted by owenn01 owenn01 wrote:

Wow - I am really honored! I never expected to get amongst the also-rans let alone an HM

The biggest congratulations should, of course, go to Kristine for a beautifully executed and thought-provoking image to get the overall winners spot - and for the second year running! We all need to up our games everyone!!

Well done to everyone who submitted an entry and, as mentioned above, this is a wonderful site with some very talented, clever and imaginative people on it who produce images that make us think, make us wonder and, many times, inspire us. Well done all and keep up the standards!

Best regards, Neil.

Originally posted by pegelli pegelli wrote:

Originally posted by MiPr MiPr wrote:

To be honest, wehen I was reviewing all photos in the voting thread in order to select the winner and HMs I was again amazed with the overall quality of shots. This was indeed best of 2017 showcase.

+1

Congrats Christine, a well deserved win and indeed a great achievement to do this two years in a row!

Also congrats to Neil, Mike and Eddy, all very worthy images to get picked by our members to stand a bit above the rest

Last but not least, thanks to MiPr for organizing thi DPC, very much appreciated!

Thank you all for your kind words, and congratulations to the honorable mentions!
Good 'ol Minolta for the win! :)
Fred_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fred_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 18:15
Congrats Christine, an amazing achievement to win twice in a row! Congrats to Neil, Mike and Eddy as well for their HM's.
It was my first time voting "best of 20.." and it was a hard task to do with so many great pictures. Really felt I did many people short with only three pics to vote for allowed.
I will certainly return to this fine collection now and than. Thanks for your effort MiPr!
mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU co÷rdinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 06:24
Congratulations to all! Choosing which pic to vote for was a most pleasurable but distinctly difficult problem this year.

Christine - can you make it 3 in a row??? Go for it!
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
    whiteheat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote whiteheat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 06:51
    Oooohhh! I'm late to this party but congrats to all, not just the winners. All of the entered photos were excellent to say the least and I would have been proud to have done any one of them. It was astonishingly hard to pick the top three as there were so many level and criteria on which you could judge any of these entries. I could easily have select at least dozen from this lot as worthy winners. An excellent showing all round. Well done everybody.
    Nothing is as it first appears.
    WestCoastCannuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WestCoastCannuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 07:44
    Congrats Christine.. SO well deserved. With your talent I could see three in a row.

I am thrilled and honoured and frankly amazed that I made HM here.

Big congrats to my "partners" as well!!

Edited by WestCoastCannuck - 17 March 2018 at 08:27
    flickr

A99ii|A77ii|Tam15-30|ZA24-70|M28-135|M35-105|M80-200G|SAL70400G|Σ50 1.4|ZA135|200F2.8HS G|300F2.8HS G|400/4.5|APOii1.4XTC|APOii2XTC
    EddyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EddyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 11:50
    Nice winner!

And thanks everyone who voted for mine.

Eddy
    2 eyes | 2 slices of silicon | a few kilos of glass | my photo blog
    svjetlana View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2018 at 12:16
    Christine, Neil, Mike and Eddy: Congratulation, beautiful images!
    Kindness and compassion
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners