FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #58 "Wet"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #58 "Wet"
    Posted: 23 July 2008 at 21:55
Dear Dyxumers,

I'm pleased to announce THE winner of the DPC #58 "Wet" which is

"Rainy Day Blues" by dilettante

We also have two Honourable Mention awards which this time go to:

"Panic" by badlydrawnroy

and

"Daisy" by Mink

Congratulations and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC.

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 21:57
It looks like pbase, on which the winner photo is hosted, has some problems at the moment ("The service is overloaded or offline") I hope that the shot will appear soon.
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...
jagged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jagged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 23:03
Congratulations dilettante - I knew that shot was a winner as soon as I saw it!
Congrats to the HMs too
Sony a700|a100|CZ1680|Tam 90 Macro|Tam 18-250|Sig 75-300APO|Kit 18-70|Sig EF500DGSuper pbase
DLNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DLNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 23:52
Yes, lovely capture and framing
Mark L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 00:57
I usually find it difficult to spot the eventual winner of these comps, but as soon as dilettante posted that photo I never doubted that it would win. A superb photo and spot on interpretation of the theme. Congratulations (again ) , dilettante.

Congratulations too, to the hon. mentions, of course, but like the rest of us also rans, you never stood a prayer of winning.

Edited by Mark L - 24 July 2008 at 00:59
wross View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote wross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 02:09
Like Mark and jagged, when I first saw dilettante's entry, I was pretty sure that the only thing left to be decide was who got honorable mentions. A well earned victory.

Congrats too to Roy and mink for excellent entries, and to all the other finalists as well.

Walt
Lazarus Long said "If it can't be expressed in figures, it's not science. It's opinion." Comments I leave are only my opinions. Feel free to disagree; your opinion is as valid as mine.

dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 03:22
Congrats dilettante!
And of course to the honorable mentions!
infrastellar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote infrastellar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 08:15
congratulations dilettante!
Infrastellar travel photo

Slovakia, Czech republic, Panama, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Venezuela, Philippines, Indonesia, England
dilettante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dilettante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:25

Thanks very much everyone for the compliments and the votes! This was one of those shots that came out just as I imagined in my mind's eye, so I have to admit to being pleased with it. It's also made me realise I need to clean my windows more often!

For those interested, the shot was taken with the KM5D and Minolta 50/1.7, 1/80s at f4.5 (believe it or not, it was taken on a dull wet day :-)). I didn't have long to take the shot as a) I and my camera were getting wet, and b) my model wanted to get back to playing with his Lego . My first attempt, inevitably, had me reflected in the window, so I had to take the shot from the side, and then distort the image in PP to get it square again.

Congratulations to Roy and Mink, both great shots also, and very different takes on the theme. I also really liked infrastellar's mud creature!
dd001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dd001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:29
Congrats dilettante, very well deserved!
Congrats to the two mentions as well!
David - My Gallery
ricardovaste View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ricardovaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:34
That really is a classic
Such an English shot too !
Congrats, very well deserved.
I photograph the moments in people's lives that mean the most to them: Richard Harris Photography
badlydrawnroy View Drop Down
Emeritus Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote badlydrawnroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 11:45
Well done dilettante, I don't think there is any doubt the best man(picture) won.

Roy
DAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 16:02
Congratulations dilettante. It was a winner from day one.
DAS
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners