FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #73 "In The Kitchen"

Page  12>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #73 "In The Kitchen"
    Posted: 10 March 2009 at 21:54
Dear Dyxumers,

There were many good photos in this contest (some of which have not found their way to the finals) and so the voting was quite "equal" and there were not very big differences between particular photos. However there was one which all of you liked the most. Indeed it is a striking photo - not many times you can see kitchen equipment shown like something from an outer space Really good idea and brilliantly executed - congratulations to the winner:

"Front burner" by wross

As usual the winner is awarded with the Golden Dyxum Patch, which will be sent to him for free

This time the honourable mention "award" goes to three photos which kept up with the winner:

"My Kitchen" by Sanjuro

and

"Just garlic" by sue

and

"Sunny Side Up" by sitompul

Congratulations and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC.

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

I Inspiron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote I Inspiron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 21:59
Congratulations wross

Your picture reminds me a bit of "2001 - A Space Odyssee" and Richard Strauss. ("Also sprach Zarathustra - Einleitung" would also be a great soundtrack for your photo )

Edited by I Inspiron - 10 March 2009 at 22:21
brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 22:02
Congrats wross!!!

Love the other 3 photos as well.
Turerkan View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group
Moderator emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Quote Turerkan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 23:45
wross: a very very very well deserved win.. what a surprising shot from the kitchen, unbelievable!

i like the others as well, so don't get sad the up-runners :)
jacekplacek1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jacekplacek1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 23:48
Congratulations to you all and especially wross
YourFunnyUncle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote YourFunnyUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 23:50
As soon as i saw Walt's shot I knew it was a winner. Great job, sir!

Edited by YourFunnyUncle - 10 March 2009 at 23:50

wross View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote wross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:47
Thanks for all the very kind comments, and for the votes. All very much appreciated.

Congrats too to all the finalists and particularly the runners up, for some really excellent work.
Lazarus Long said "If it can't be expressed in figures, it's not science. It's opinion." Comments I leave are only my opinions. Feel free to disagree; your opinion is as valid as mine.
dilettante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dilettante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 11:47

Congratulations to all - great pictures every one.

So wross, how did you get that flare? What is the light, and what's it reflecting off?
wross View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote wross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 12:45
Thanks. The glare/flare is the reflected light of a narrow beam 50W halogen bulb in an otherwise dark room. It’s reflecting off a polished metal edge along the side of the stove. All liberally enhanced in PP.

Lazarus Long said "If it can't be expressed in figures, it's not science. It's opinion." Comments I leave are only my opinions. Feel free to disagree; your opinion is as valid as mine.
dd001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dd001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 17:21
Congrats Walt, very nice picture, it is very well deserved!
Congrats to the Honorable Mentions as well.
David - My Gallery
DaveK View Drop Down
Knowledge Base Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 17:45
Congrats Walt! Very nice picture that I have seen now for the first time. Don't know how I could have missed this thread ..

Anyway, I like the spacy touch of it! Well done!

(congrats to the others as well of course!)
Best regards, Dave
A7r & A7r3
Let's make a colorful world!
Gallery
bms44974 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Assignments Deputy

Post Options Post Options   Quote bms44974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 01:27
Another 1st class shot, Walt! Congratulations to Sanjuro, Sue, and sitompul for their well-deserved recognision.

Cheers... Brian
A7rII; A6500; A77; SEL2470Z; SEL90M28G; SEL100400GM; SELP1650; SAL70300G; SAL50M28; CZ1680; LA-EA4
wross View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote wross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 01:44
Thanks, David, Dave, and Brian. Your comments are very much appreciated.
dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 01:49
Another one for wross! Congrats! Same goes to the HMs
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  12>