FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #110 "Emotions"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #110 "Emotions"
    Posted: 26 September 2010 at 12:48
Dear Dyxumers,

I am pleased to announce the photo which rendered the most emotions among Dyxumers:

"The Loss of a Dear One" by Glank27

I think that all of us can relate to ourselves emotions expressed on this shot ... Moving and strong photo indeed.

The next image, which earned Honorable Mention award, is also quite moving ...

"Hunger" by mirsamir

Hopefully our second Honorable Mention award goes to the photo which to some extent balances the sadness depicted above ...

"crazy happy" by LyleG

Congratulations to the Great Three and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC.

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

Glank27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Glank27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 14:49
Thanks alot for all the members who voted for my picture. This was my very first entry into Dyxum Photo Contest, and i am very happy and honoured to have succeeded to such an extent.
Congratulations also to all other entrants who had such a high level in my opinion.

This picture was taken in a funeral of a victim of a fireworks factory explosion, in Mosta, Malta, last August. This horrendous accident happened just two days before the local feast, where all the necessary final preparations were being carried out. It was a massive blow for all the people from Mosta.
I think I couldn't get a better moment of "emotion". I dedicate this win to the memory of Mr. Mario Dimech, who lost his life in this tragedy.
wross View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote wross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 16:51
All three very effective in conveying emotion. Bravo! and Congratulations!
Lazarus Long said "If it can't be expressed in figures, it's not science. It's opinion." Comments I leave are only my opinions. Feel free to disagree; your opinion is as valid as mine.
bonneville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bonneville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 16:55
Congratulations Karl

Outstanding
>>> AsYouWere! <<<
napo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote napo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 17:07
Congrats Karl!! Amazing!    Kudos to mirsamir and LyleG!!
Love the whole Tree - not just one branch

My Link
brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 17:08
Congratulations to the winner and the esteemed honorable mentions! Very powerful images and steep competition for a very popular DPC!!!
I detest bugs, especially spiders.

mirsamir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mirsamir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 05:00
Thank you all for voting.
It feels great to get an honourable mention in your first entry in a Dyxum Photo Contest!

Congratulations to Glank27 , a very powerful image indeed and LyleG as well.

Cheers,
Ashwin
dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 05:06
to the 'great three' :)
jamesmd View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote jamesmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 09:22
Congrats
what ever you do, have fun. thats what it's all about
and move , move you body move your mind , move your point of view, suddenly everything changes ...
darosa View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 18:25
All three moving and strong photos. Congrats
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 15:23
Congratulations to the Great Three, beautiful pictures.
Kindness and compassion
Swede66 View Drop Down
Knowledgebase Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote Swede66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 15:29
Supershots from all three but the winner is very moving and powerful, congratulations
website - a99m2 - a99 - a77M2 - a77 - a700 - RX100M3 - KM7D
Romeo333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2014 at 22:27
That is a very powerful image, it made me connect with it! Congrats!
Sony a7II, Zeiss 35mm F/2, Leica 90mm F/2
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners