FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #123 "Like Tears In Rain"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #123 "Like Tears In Rain"
    Posted: 11 April 2011 at 10:31
Dear Dyxumers,

Not many votes this time so I counted them quickly The final scores were very tight - only 2 points between the winner and the next photo ...

Ladioes and Gentleman, I'm pleased to announe the winner of the competition:

"The Tears of a Clown" by badlydrawnroy

Honourable Mention awards this time go to:

"Thoughts In The Rain" by MiPr

and

"Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion" by Bob J

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this special DPC - devoted to wross (Walt) ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

badlydrawnroy View Drop Down
Emeritus Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote badlydrawnroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 11:25
Entering this DPC was important for me as I have had plenty of contact with Walt over the years both in posted topics and via PM's. I consider Walt a friend albeit we have never met. I have always found Walt extremely helpful and like many others here have tremendous respect and admiration for his photography skills.

This win, like the topic is dedicated to Walt. I am aware of Walts circumstances and my thoughts and sincere best wishes are with you and your family Walt. I hope we see you back here as soon as your circumstances allow.

Roy

ricardovaste View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ricardovaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 12:24
Couldn't have put it better myself Roy, well done.
I photograph the moments in people's lives that mean the most to them: Richard Harris Photography
BertH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BertH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 14:41
Roy, well done. Your comment towards Walt is great.
Pentax K-3 + Minolta Maxxum 7000i (and a Sony A6000 on the way)
darosa View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 14:51
This is a DPC with a difference, and you have expressed it well Roy both in your contribution and in words.

Edited by darosa - 11 April 2011 at 14:51
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2011 at 00:50
Congratulations to the winner and the HMs.   
Kindness and compassion

brian33 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote brian33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 11:05
A DPC with a difference, I like the way darosa puts it. I personally tried a few shots but really couldn't come up with anything that didn't feel like I was stretching the meaning of the photo to fit the topic, so I was very happy to simply look at the wonderful photos that made this DPC what it was: a bit more "confidential", sort of a limited edition kind of affair. All three of these photos are great. A deserved win for Roy, a moving shot for MiPr and wonderful invention on the part of Bob.
I detest bugs, especially spiders.
wross View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Post Options Post Options   Quote wross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 01:38
What can I say that properly thanks you all for the care and concern you've shown, in this contest, and elsewhere? My family and I are all very touched, and appreciate very deeply all your kind words.

Roy, the wording in your eulogy...no...uh..."dedication"! The wording in your dedication is thoughtful and heart-warming, and I appreciate it very much.   

Lazarus Long said "If it can't be expressed in figures, it's not science. It's opinion." Comments I leave are only my opinions. Feel free to disagree; your opinion is as valid as mine.
badlydrawnroy View Drop Down
Emeritus Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote badlydrawnroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 07:21
Originally posted by wross wross wrote:

What can I say that properly thanks you all for the care and concern you've shown, in this contest, and elsewhere? My family and I are all very touched, and appreciate very deeply all your kind words.

Roy, the wording in your eulogy...no...uh..."dedication"! The wording in your dedication is thoughtful and heart-warming, and I appreciate it very much.   

Absolutely great to hear from you Walt, my continued best wishes to you and your family.

Roy
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners