FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #135 "The Photo Of Silence"

Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #135 "The Photo Of Silence"
    Posted: 11 October 2011 at 08:16
Dear Dyxumers,

Quicker than usual I finished vote counting and I am pleased to announce THE photo of silence (so silent that it even has no title to sound aloud ):

Untitled by Skoropada

Close behind the above photo was

"The Convalescent" by Jakuli

which was followed by more metaphorical take at the topic

"Enough! Leave me alone!" by dca1213

Both these shots get Honorauble Mention award.

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

Skoropada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skoropada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 13:26
Wow!
It's an honour to be chosen winner amongst the very fine selection of finalists! Congratulations to all of them!

Thanks to everyone who voted on my photo!

PS: I titled that picture Serenity but forgot to include it when submitting.
Gabriel Skoropada
My Blog
52 Self Portraits
AutumnRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AutumnRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 02:10
All great photos, but Skoropada I must say at first glance I thought it was a painting, the colors of the boat are so rich compared to the surroundings. dca1213, your photo is so crisp and clear. I've tried many times, splashing around my kitchen and I can't seem to catch that perfect moment like you did.
Kathi
A900, A77, A37, A700, A580, A300, NEX6, 800si, Maxxum 5 and a few lenses
Skoropada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skoropada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 02:40
Originally posted by AutumnRose AutumnRose wrote:

All great photos, but Skoropada I must say at first glance I thought it was a painting, the colors of the boat are so rich compared to the surroundings. dca1213, your photo is so crisp and clear. I've tried many times, splashing around my kitchen and I can't seem to catch that perfect moment like you did.

Thanks AutumRose!

What I liked about that place and time was exaclty that. It seemed that everything over the lake was in B&W and the boat added a great contrast to that environment.
Gabriel Skoropada
My Blog
52 Self Portraits
Photosopher View Drop Down
Knowledgebase Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Quote Photosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 03:19
Outstanding... I wish every one of these were in my portfolio. Thanks for the vision Skoropada, Jakuli, and dca1213... and congratulations!
sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2011 at 22:35
Well done -beautiful winning shot,and also congrats to the hms.

dca1213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dca1213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 22:52
Originally posted by AutumnRose AutumnRose wrote:

I'm late catching up with this thread. Congrats to the winner and I'm proud to be an HM.

Thank you AutumnRose, there is a bit of luck in timing the drop of the phone and pressing the shutter. I used a wired remote shutter release, manually focused before the shot and used radio triggers for the flash. There were several attempts the last one resulting in a broken glass
Dennis
hellven View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote hellven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 23:03
congrats to the winner!

and congrats Jakuli!! that picture is of very high standards! one of the bests i've seen in this forum!
owenn01 View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote owenn01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2011 at 23:29
Rather embarrassingly, I too am late on this one - and to a fellow Oktoberfester as well!

Such a peaceful image and a worthy winner Gabriel - many congratulations!

The others also run you a very close second both of them - imaginative and thoughtful both in their own way; well done to you both as well.

Best regards, Neil.
My Mantra: "Comment on other's work as you would wish to have yours commented upon". Go on - it's fun!
walkerwg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote walkerwg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 01:37
Gabriel:

Muy, muy hermosa. Tu imagen merece el honor.

Congrats!

Wayne
The greatest photographer is the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world...John 1:9
Skoropada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skoropada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 02:42
Originally posted by Photosopher Photosopher wrote:

Outstanding... I wish every one of these were in my portfolio. Thanks for the vision Skoropada, Jakuli, and dca1213... and congratulations!

Originally posted by sue sue wrote:

Well done -beautiful winning shot,and also congrats to the hms.

Originally posted by dca1213 dca1213 wrote:

I'm late catching up with this thread. Congrats to the winner and I'm proud to be an HM.

Originally posted by hellven hellven wrote:

congrats to the winner!

and congrats Jakuli!! that picture is of very high standards! one of the bests i've seen in this forum!

Originally posted by owenn01 owenn01 wrote:

Rather embarrassingly, I too am late on this one - and to a fellow Oktoberfester as well!

Such a peaceful image and a worthy winner Gabriel - many congratulations!

The others also run you a very close second both of them - imaginative and thoughtful both in their own way; well done to you both as well.

Best regards, Neil.

Thanks everyone for your comments!
Gabriel Skoropada
My Blog
52 Self Portraits
Skoropada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Skoropada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2011 at 02:42
Originally posted by walkerwg walkerwg wrote:

Gabriel:

Muy, muy hermosa. Tu imagen merece el honor.

Congrats!

Wayne

Gracias Wayne!
Gabriel Skoropada
My Blog
52 Self Portraits
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 15:48
Congrats to all winners here, beautiful images. Since I am sucker for the moody images, I really like the mood in Jakuli's image.
Kindness and compassion
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners