FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winner DPC #175 "Glasses"

Page  12>
Author
MiPr View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Mikre Dyxum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiPr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winner DPC #175 "Glasses"
    Posted: 25 June 2013 at 13:48
Dear Dyxumers,

It seems that I've totally forgotten that I have to count all those votes and announce the winner of this DPC My sincerest apologies.

So, today I spent some time counting (I had to do this twice because some finalists were very close to each other) and now I'm pleased to announce the winner:

"She is a Lady" by svjetlana

This time Svjetlana won by a whisker - only 2 points of difference - with the following photo:

"Don't Blink !!!" by berlin steve

which gets the Honourable Mention award

Last but not least is the great photo by badlydrawnroy:

"The boy in the tin hat" by badlydrawnroy

which also deserves the Honourable Mention

Congratulations to the winner and the HMs and thank you all for voting and participation in this DPC ...

Happy shooting,
MiPr

Edited by brettania - 26 June 2013 at 06:48
I'm noise-blind. And noise-about-noise-deaf too ... |   BTW, Dyxum Weekly Exhibitions don't grow on trees ...

GlassEye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlassEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 13:53
Congrats to svjetlana! And the HMs, too!   

Mike
GlassEye      
I use only free range, organic pixels. Some pixels have been processed, but no pixels were injured in the creation of my images. All pixels are returned to the wild.
berlin steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote berlin steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 14:31
Thanks to those who voted- and congratulations too to Svetlana and Roy.
F-Stop? F-Stopped! Anyone know how to get it going again???My Flickr
dogears View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dogears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 15:15
Your nth win, Svjetlana? Congrats!
Same goes to the HMs
mikey2000 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OoU co÷rdinator

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikey2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 15:35
Well done all! I had a last minute idea for an entry in this one but didn't quite beat the deadline.    Compared to these, I wouldn't have had a chance anyway!
Want to know more about
  • Jozioau? Just click!
    raaaaah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote raaaaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 21:20
    congratulations!

waldo_posth View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 23:15
    My congratulations to the winner - cool photo, and to the HMs (very cool as well!).
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
    svjetlana View Drop Down
    Alpha Eyes group
    Alpha Eyes group

Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 05:11
    Thank you and congrats to HMs, great images!
    @berlin steve: I wonder what happened when he blinked?
    Kindness and compassion
    brettania View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Dyxum factotum

Post Options Post Options   Quote brettania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 06:49
    Well deserved to the three of you.
    Daytona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daytona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 22:09
    All 3 great photos! And sooooo different.......
    congratulations Svjetlana and the HMs!

RenÚ.
    fem2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fem2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 22:18
    I like all of them. Very well done.   Svjetlana's shot looks like it came directly out of a fancy sunglasses catalog.

P.S. Isn't that the boy from A Christmas Story in Roy's shot?

Edited by fem2008 - 26 June 2013 at 22:23
    Thatguyfromvienna View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thatguyfromvienna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 09:20
    Totally love them all. Wonderful shots. Great work.
    If you're REALLY bored you can check out my amateurish photo blog at http://thatguyfromvienna.com
    badlydrawnroy View Drop Down
    Emeritus Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote badlydrawnroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 14:09
    Once again the innovative (shot for the contest) picture fails to get its true reward (imo) I refer to "Don't Blink !!! by berlin steve.

" Generally we encourage all participants to take shots specifically for the DPC instead of taking old shots from their repositories,

Roy

Edited by badlydrawnroy - 04 July 2013 at 08:45
    berlin steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote berlin steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 15:45
    Originally posted by badlydrawnroy badlydrawnroy wrote:

Once again the innovative (shot for the contest) picture fails to get its true reward (imo) I refer to "Don't Blink !!! by berlin steve.

" Generally we encourage all participants to take shots specifically for the DPC instead of taking old shots from their repositories,

Roy

Roy, I appreciate your support of my entry. Of course I'd have loved to have won this DPC.

However, in the interests of competition and freedom of opinion- I also accept that interpretations of what makes one picture more appealing than another will be different from one person to another. The votes were cast, and the Svetlana pipped me at the post. As long as art remains art they'll be as many opinions on what is good/bad as there are critics.

I know Dyxum rules encourage us to take photos for an event- but unless there is a penalty for drawing on stock- then there is nothing prohibiting this practice.

I will not be discouraged that Svetlana has won yet another DPC. I cannot fault her entry. The fact that she has won on more than one occasion should not exclude her from entering future DPCs and being allowed to win- should her photo draw the most votes.

One day I also hope to have the honour of being able to sew a Dyxum patch to my camera bag for getting first place. Making HM is still an achievement I can still be proud of- and it will certainly not going to put me off trying again in future DPCs.

Edited by Bob J - 28 June 2013 at 11:07
    F-Stop? F-Stopped! Anyone know how to get it going again???My Flickr
    Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Photographs > Dyxum Galleries > Dyxum Photo Contest Winners Page  12>