Minolta AF 50mm F1.7 A-mount lens review by moedius

Sony DT 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 ZA
price paid:39.00 (Used)
positive:Small and light
Well built
Super cheap and plentiful used
Fast Aperture
negative:PF and SA wide open
Needs to be stopped down a little
comment:As I've only bought these used I can only review the specific copies I've owned.

An excellent low-risk ultra-budget buy. I've had two of these. They're light and well built. Focusing is fast and the sharpness is respectable wide-open, but quite decent stopped down just a hair. They're common and dirt cheap so I wouldnt pay much, but try to make sure you get a good copy.

The edges are OK (on APSC) certainly no complaints for the cost. Contrast is a bit low until you stop it down a bit. There's a nifty little hidden pull-out hood which doesnt do much in terms of being a hood, but I still appreciate it and every little bit helps. If you're shooting outdoors in bright sunlight you'll probably spend some time in post cleaning up fringing, but it's nowhere near the worst for this.

If you can afford a bit higher you'll get more legs out of one of the 50\1.4 lenses (Minolta, Sony, or even Sigma). They're sharper and faster in my experience, and not outrageously more expensive.