Samyang 135mm F2 ED UMC A-mount lens reviews

* Olympus 85 2
* FD 85 1.8
* Zeiss 85 2.8
* Fujinon EBC 100 2.8
which all are also gerat lenses ...
price paid:EUR 440 new
positive:Sharpest lens I have encountered
* sharp form wide open
* nice bokeh and subject isolation
* good contrast
* good size & weight w A7
negative:* a bit varying colors (depending on aperture), quite warm rendering (which I find good though)
* not perfect mechanics (plastic, focus not 100% smooth & even like in old metal legacy lenses), but OK
comment:Great lens, wow. Sharpest lens I (have) own(ed). Nice size and balance w A7 II. I use this with Kipon MAF-Leica M and Techart LM-EA7 adapter, so i have even autofocus that works ! But also very easy and quick to manual focus due to high microcontrast and lolong enough focus throw. Evenly sharp from full F2 aperture - this is how bright lenses should work without needing to close to smaller apertures. Recommended.
reviewer#29651 date: Aug-9-2016
compared to:Sony 16-50mm f2.8 SSM
Sony 11-18mm DT
Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 APO DG EX HSM
Minolta 80-200mm f2.8 APO HS
price paid:635 CDN (new)
positive:S H A R P !!!! NO FLARE! NO CA! NO distortion!
Works well with focus peaking.
negative:No AF!!!!
Needs a chip for IBIS on A77ii or Sony needs to update firmware for A77ii so you can enter lens manually.
comment:Have only had it a few days and took out for some test shots last night. Absolutely amazing IQ! I hate saying this because it will just make the price go up. Would be even better with a Minolta screw drive AF built in. Only reason I gave the build rating a 4 is because for the size and cost of the lens there is no reason they couldn't add a basic AF.

Update - 2017-10-01
I lost my A77ii and bought an A7R. This lens is even more spectacular on the A7R. Absolutely blows my mind. Sorry, I have never owned exotic $2000+ glass to compare but it out-resolves the 36MP full frame sensor with ease which is more than I need. I shoot mostly dusk and night architectural shots on a tripod. Which is why the A7R is also a good match. I would not recommend using this lens or camera for hand held shooting. I have tried and it is a disappointment from what I know it can do on a tripod. That goes for both the lens and camera.
I would love to give it all 5 points to represent how much I LOVE this lens but the lens hood and aperture clicks are pretty poor. Everything else is great including smooth focus.
The most frustrating aspect of this lens is that after I have seen the results from this lens, every other lens I own is a disappointment and a waste of space in my bag (except the Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED-AS-IF-USD and Bower 85mm f1.4 which are almost as good). So I am constantly trying to figure out how to position myself to get the shot with this lens instead of using a different lens.
reviewer#25502 date: Feb-23-2016
compared to:samyang 85 1,4
Tokina atx pro 80-200
price paid:475 euros
positive:sharp and price
negative:manual focus
comment:excellent

Find us on Google+