Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM A-mount lens review by richiemccaw

compared to:SEL35F18
price paid:140 (used)
positive:Excellent value for money
Focuses fast and accurately
No real complaints about this. This is an important quality since everyone has something to say about every piece of photography gear.
negative:Build quality. Lens feels a little flimsy but I'm not a professional so I am not going to need a tank. Works fine for me.
comment:I had the choice of getting either the SEL35F18 for my Nex 6 or SAL35F18 for my a77ii. Looking at the price difference between both, I must say I am very very happy with my decision to go with the latter.

Focuses very quickly and accurately. Images look very sharp.

I'm not big on peeping nor am I a good judge of colour/CA/distortion. Nonetheless, looking at the images and my usage over the past week, I can have no complaints at all with this lens.

However if you are a working professional, this lens may not withstand too many knocks given its flimsy build.

For those who have to make the same decision as me, i.e. getting it in the A or E mount, the SEL35F18 is built slightly better but costs quite a fair bit more for the OSS. If you dont mind the slightly bigger physical size, the SAL35F18 is a nobrainer.

Find us on Google+