FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy birthday Roger Rex !

Page  <12
Author
Dopol View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Joined: 17 May 2007
Country: Netherlands
Location: Utrecht
Status: Online
Posts: 9552
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dopol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 07:07
happy birthday Roger.
I agree with this statement: Always look forward to seeing your photos
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
 



Back to Top
Bob J View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Dyxum Administrator

Joined: 23 December 2005
Country: United Kingdom
Location: London
Status: Offline
Posts: 27243
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bob J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 09:31
Sorry to have missed this yesterday - hope you had a great day!
Back to Top
Roger Rex View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 30 September 2005
Country: United States
Location: North Florida
Status: Offline
Posts: 8196
Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 12:16
Originally posted by Bob J Bob J wrote:

Sorry to have missed this yesterday - hope you had a great day!


Don't be sorry. I wished I had missed it!
Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in. http://rogerrex.zenfolio.com/
Back to Top
Roger Rex View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 30 September 2005
Country: United States
Location: North Florida
Status: Offline
Posts: 8196
Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 12:19
Thanks all for the kind comments. I had a pleasant and relaxing day with one of my sons who lives nearby and his girlfriend and my wife. Classic birthday dinner - piza, carrot cake and triple fudge cake! Other son arriving next weekend to celebrate late - two 78th birthday celebrations. Would have loved that when I was ten, not so sure now!
Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in. http://rogerrex.zenfolio.com/
Back to Top
Swede66 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Knowledgebase Contributor

Joined: 04 September 2006
Country: Sweden
Location: Dalecarlia
Status: Offline
Posts: 5378
Post Options Post Options   Quote Swede66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 14:53
Damn, I missed your birthday yesterday, sorry! I hope you had a great day anyway A belated congratulations from the cold Scandinavia
website - a99m2 - a99 - a77M2 - a77 - a700 - RX100M3 - KM7D
Back to Top
Roger Rex View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 30 September 2005
Country: United States
Location: North Florida
Status: Offline
Posts: 8196
Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 15:50
Originally posted by Swede66 Swede66 wrote:

Damn, I missed your birthday yesterday, sorry!


I almost missed it! Woke up in the morning and was fixing breakfast when my wife came out and wished me Happy Birthday - I was a bit surprised.

Shesterkin was phenomenal last night for the Rangers. Did you get some pictures of him in action!    Curious, to what extent do Swedes and others in Europe follow the Stanley Cup play-offs? So many Europeans, Swedes especially, populate the rosters that I think European hockey fans might follow the NHL.
Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in. http://rogerrex.zenfolio.com/
 



Back to Top
Swede66 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Knowledgebase Contributor

Joined: 04 September 2006
Country: Sweden
Location: Dalecarlia
Status: Offline
Posts: 5378
Post Options Post Options   Quote Swede66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 15:59
You would be surprised how many people follow the NHL on a regular basis, not just the playoffs. A long time ago I followed the Penguins and was really active on their messageboard. It was when Mario Lemieux still played and they had a goalie from my favorite team here in Sweden, Johan "The Moose" Hedberg.

We can see most of the games, both during regular season but during the playoffs we can get every game. The time difference kills it for me though, not getting any younger I still see some games mostly from the east coast. Also seen 2 games live, Devils at home and Rangers at home.
website - a99m2 - a99 - a77M2 - a77 - a700 - RX100M3 - KM7D
Back to Top
darosa View Drop Down
Emeritus group
Emeritus group

Joined: 23 March 2007
Country: Netherlands
Location: Old Zealand
Status: Offline
Posts: 14136
Post Options Post Options   Quote darosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 16:21
NHL? What's that?
Hope you had a great Day, Roger, looking forward to a new year of your great photography!
Back to Top
Hezu View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 13 October 2007
Country: Finland
Location: HKI/KSNK
Status: Offline
Posts: 4409
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hezu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2024 at 16:26
Originally posted by Roger Rex Roger Rex wrote:

I almost missed it! Woke up in the morning and was fixing breakfast when my wife came out and wished me Happy Birthday - I was a bit surprised.
Hehee! Late birthday greetings also from me.
Originally posted by Roger Rex Roger Rex wrote:

Shesterkin was phenomenal last night for the Rangers. Did you get some pictures of him in action!    Curious, to what extent do Swedes and others in Europe follow the Stanley Cup play-offs? So many Europeans, Swedes especially, populate the rosters that I think European hockey fans might follow the NHL.
I cannot answer about other European countries, but in Finland following NHL is fairly popular, although of course time zone difference means that for many people it is not practical to watch the matches live as the start times can be in middle of night here. Also the main broadcaster here is a pay-tv channel, so you don't necessarily want to spend money to get the access. But even without pay-tv subscription, the results of NHL are listed in news media and TV sport news reports include clips of goals etc. Finnish media often also emphasize who are the Finnish players in each team and how they performed in the match. In general, ice hockey is competing for the spot as #1 team sport in Finland, so I guess it is natural that also NHL coverage is fairly extensive, although local leagues and international games (especially World Championships and Olympics) may get slightly more attention most of the time.
Back to Top
Roger Rex View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 30 September 2005
Country: United States
Location: North Florida
Status: Offline
Posts: 8196
Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2024 at 12:53
Originally posted by Hezu Hezu wrote:

I cannot answer about other European countries, but in Finland following NHL is fairly popular, although of course time zone difference means that for many people it is not practical to watch the matches live as the start times can be in middle of night here. Also the main broadcaster here is a pay-tv channel, so you don't necessarily want to spend money to get the access. But even without pay-tv subscription, the results of NHL are listed in news media and TV sport news reports include clips of goals etc. Finnish media often also emphasize who are the Finnish players in each team and how they performed in the match. In general, ice hockey is competing for the spot as #1 team sport in Finland, so I guess it is natural that also NHL coverage is fairly extensive, although local leagues and international games (especially World Championships and Olympics) may get slightly more attention most of the time.


Hezu - Thanks for the information.
Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in. http://rogerrex.zenfolio.com/
Back to Top
svjetlana View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Joined: 05 March 2009
Country: Serbia
Status: Offline
Posts: 7324
Post Options Post Options   Quote svjetlana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 17:58
Happy very, very belated birthday Roger. I hope to see your photos for many, many years to come.
Back to Top
waldo_posth View Drop Down
Alpha Eyes group
Alpha Eyes group

Joined: 01 August 2012
Country: Germany
Location: Potsdam
Status: Offline
Posts: 7589
Post Options Post Options   Quote waldo_posth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 22:40
Belated happy birthday wishes, Roger. Glad you are around here!
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." (Walker Evans)   http://www.flickr.com/photos/waldo_posth/
Back to Top
Roger Rex View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 30 September 2005
Country: United States
Location: North Florida
Status: Offline
Posts: 8196
Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2024 at 23:05
svjetlana and waldo_posth - Thanks. More photos coming soon!
Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in. http://rogerrex.zenfolio.com/
Back to Top
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Dyxum Community > About Dyxum.com Page  <12

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.

Monitor calibration strip

Dyxum.com - Home of the alpha system photographer

In memory of Cameron Hill - brettania

Feel free to contact us if needed.