FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Godox Flash For A-Mount

Author
LAbernethy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 25 November 2015
Country: Canada
Location: Ajax, Ontario
Status: Offline
Posts: 2846
Post Options Post Options   Quote LAbernethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Godox Flash For A-Mount
    Posted: 12 May 2022 at 04:05
I should just PM michelb regarding this, but I'll throw a wider net for opinion or experience.
I'm thinking of consolidating my flash systems, both Sony and Olympus to Godox.
For My Olympus rigs I have: STF-22, FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-900R and my FL-600R broke which was the impetus for this query.
For the Sony rigs I use the HVL-F20AM and HVL-F20M as triggers. The HVL-F20AM has stopped working. I use HVL-F43AM and HVLF43M for on camera work and HVL-F56AM and HVL-F60M for off camera stuff.
I've been satisfied with both systems and their similarities, and frustrated by those same similarities; line of sight trigger.
I had a chance to try out a Godox TT685(o) on my E-5 and E-M1X and it was seamless in the hot-shoe. I also used it with the Godox X-Pro(o) trigger, very nice.
What I am unsure about is my Sony equipment. My a99 and a77II are MI hot-shoes and a850 and a77 are iISO hot-shoes.
Will a Godox X-Pro(s) work the same on the a99 and a77II?
Is there an adapter similar to the ADP-MAA but the other way round? For my a850 and a77 to play too?
If so will it HSS? because I've never been able to get the Sony's to HSS with any wireless trigger.
I'm looking to downsize to a single GODOX WITSTRO AD200 PRO for both systems as a key light and a pair of TT685 for accents.

Edited by LAbernethy - 12 May 2022 at 04:26
 



Back to Top
neilt3 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 13 September 2010
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Manchester.U.K
Status: Offline
Posts: 2905
Post Options Post Options   Quote neilt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 10:02
To mount Sony MIS flashes on Sony /Minolta iISO fit bodies you need one of these ;

https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Sony-ADP-AMA-Hotshoe-Adapter?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4PKTBhD8ARIsAHChzRIl0x_7Desu2tBtaySq-oYTB4whQDp4KVUTQnegg5ieVzbLDVlhJEIaAn-FEALw_wcB

As there just adapters , the flashes behave the same regardless of which way your adapting .
The only thing I'm not sure on without trying us if the IR focus assist lamp still functions .
It won't when adapting to E mount , but I'm not at home at the moment to try one on my a99ii .
If no-one confirms , I can check this evening .
see my photostream on flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilt3/
C & C welcome.
Back to Top
bonneville View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 19 May 2007
Country: United Kingdom
Location: East Midlands
Status: Offline
Posts: 2265
Post Options Post Options   Quote bonneville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 11:33
This is very probably no help at all but, FWIW, I have exclusive Godox flash now with my Sony mirrorless cameras. Why I am commenting is that the Godox triggers (XProS and X2T) work brilliantly with my various Godox lights and I wondered if, rather than the flaky IR system you might have success with radio on A-mount as well?

Just my 2p and I hope you resolve your conundrum.
Back to Top
rastapartaman View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 03 March 2007
Country: Portugal
Location: Berkshire
Status: Offline
Posts: 522
Post Options Post Options   Quote rastapartaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 17:15
Godox is by far the best system I've used and the cheapest one as well. For not much more get the v860ii or iii. The battery lasts forever. Look for the same flash gun in other brands. Mine are neewer and were half price of the godox.
Don't think, Just click it!!

my Flickr
Back to Top
LAbernethy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 25 November 2015
Country: Canada
Location: Ajax, Ontario
Status: Offline
Posts: 2846
Post Options Post Options   Quote LAbernethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 00:15
Originally posted by neilt3 neilt3 wrote:

To mount Sony MIS flashes on Sony /Minolta iISO fit bodies you need one of these ;

https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Sony-ADP-AMA-Hotshoe-Adapter?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4PKTBhD8ARIsAHChzRIl0x_7Desu2tBtaySq-oYTB4whQDp4KVUTQnegg5ieVzbLDVlhJEIaAn-FEALw_wcB

As there just adapters , the flashes behave the same regardless of which way your adapting .
The only thing I'm not sure on without trying us if the IR focus assist lamp still functions .
It won't when adapting to E mount , but I'm not at home at the moment to try one on my a99ii .
If no-one confirms , I can check this evening .

Thanks for the information. This particular item seems to be out of stock, everywhere.
Back to Top
LAbernethy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 25 November 2015
Country: Canada
Location: Ajax, Ontario
Status: Offline
Posts: 2846
Post Options Post Options   Quote LAbernethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 00:27
Originally posted by rastapartaman rastapartaman wrote:

Godox is by far the best system I've used and the cheapest one as well. For not much more get the v860ii or iii. The battery lasts forever. Look for the same flash gun in other brands. Mine are neewer and were half price of the godox.

I am looking at the GODOX V860III, the recycle time and flash/charge seems to be the advantage. My preference for the TT685 is that it uses AA batteries. I'm well supplied with eneloop pro for the unit and 2AA for the trigger; with a single charger for all.

Edited by LAbernethy - 13 May 2022 at 02:47
 



Back to Top
LAbernethy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 25 November 2015
Country: Canada
Location: Ajax, Ontario
Status: Offline
Posts: 2846
Post Options Post Options   Quote LAbernethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 00:39
Originally posted by bonneville bonneville wrote:

This is very probably no help at all but, FWIW, I have exclusive Godox flash now with my Sony mirrorless cameras. Why I am commenting is that the Godox triggers (XProS and X2T) work brilliantly with my various Godox lights and I wondered if, rather than the flaky IR system you might have success with radio on A-mount as well?

Just my 2p and I hope you resolve your conundrum.

Oh I have radio triggers, Phottix Strato Transmitter and Receiver with a max 1/250th sync speed.
My hope is to have one trigger per system (godox xpro) with one compatible TT685 for each system and one GODOX WITSTRO AD200 PRO for both with a 1/8000th sync speed.

Edited by LAbernethy - 13 May 2022 at 02:51
Back to Top
Howard_S View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 20 March 2008
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Oxford
Status: Online
Posts: 4251
Post Options Post Options   Quote Howard_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 10:20
A question I don't know the answer to: can a Godox Sony trigger fire (say) an Olympus TT685 as if it were a Sony TT685?
Howard Stanbury Instagram | Flickr | Web
Back to Top
T Snijder View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 17 October 2019
Country: Netherlands
Location: Hazerswoude
Status: Offline
Posts: 518
Post Options Post Options   Quote T Snijder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:55
Yes, only the mount is different.
Comments are always welcome.
Back to Top
LAbernethy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 25 November 2015
Country: Canada
Location: Ajax, Ontario
Status: Offline
Posts: 2846
Post Options Post Options   Quote LAbernethy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 03:32
Originally posted by Howard_S Howard_S wrote:

A question I don't know the answer to: can a Godox Sony trigger fire (say) an Olympus TT685 as if it were a Sony TT685?

Yes, it can.



Sony SLT-A99V + Sony 28-75mm F2.8 SAM + Godox X1(S) Trigger
f/8.0 60.0 mm 1/60 100

To keep the cost down and to compensate for the lack of an adaptor for the iISO hot-shoe; I nixed the Sony TT685 and picked up an X1(S) TTL wireless flash trigger set second hand at a reasonable price. I'll keep an eye out for the Sony ADP-AMA Hot-shoe Adapter.
Back to Top
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Equipment forums > Lighting

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.

Monitor calibration strip

Dyxum.com - Home of the alpha system photographer

In memory of Cameron Hill - brettania

Feel free to contact us if needed.