FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A900 Camera Error, shutter or mirrorbox?

Page  <12
Author
mirthseeker View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 02 October 2011
Country: Australia
Location: Melbourne
Status: Offline
Posts: 762
Post Options Post Options   Quote mirthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 04:50
Further info: I found the info from google searches. I also found this thread including info from one of our members, on mi-fo.de. Use Google translate and read the whole thread, it is quite informative.

https://www.so-fo.de/t35138f89-Sony-Alpha-Spiegel-herausgefallen-1.html
 



Back to Top
amrep View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 02 February 2015
Country: Norway
Status: Offline
Posts: 286
Post Options Post Options   Quote amrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 11:39
The A900 service manual is available for free here:
https://elektrotanya.com/sony_dslr-a900_level2_ver1.2_sm.pdf/download.html
See page 89-90 (5-13 and 5-14).
The A900 seems to have separate motors for charging the mirror and the shutter.

A new mirror box sells as a assembly not including the charger A-1556-572-B
(and also as a complete sub unit including the mount A-1565-977-A).

Used A900 seems to go for about USD 5000 (or less if there are some minor problems).
Back to Top
waleskeg View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Joined: 09 April 2007
Country: United States
Location: Metro Phila
Status: Offline
Posts: 2916
Post Options Post Options   Quote waleskeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 22:09
I may have missed it, but it doesn't help not knowing your location. A quick search on fleabay found 4 for sale here in the US. https://www.ebay.com/b/Sony-A900-Digital-Cameras/31388/bn_105867011
Back to Top
se7en_fi5ty View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 25 December 2020
Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Post Options Post Options   Quote se7en_fi5ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 23:27
Originally posted by mirthseeker mirthseeker wrote:

Further info: I found the info from google searches. I also found this thread including info from one of our members, on mi-fo.de. Use Google translate and read the whole thread, it is quite informative.

https://www.so-fo.de/t35138f89-Sony-Alpha-Spiegel-herausgefallen-1.html


thank you, Iíve checked the site and it appears that i do need the mirrorbox to fix it, and unfortunately sony was discontinued producing it😞
Back to Top
se7en_fi5ty View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 25 December 2020
Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Post Options Post Options   Quote se7en_fi5ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 23:34
Originally posted by amrep amrep wrote:

The A900 service manual is available for free here:
https://elektrotanya.com/sony_dslr-a900_level2_ver1.2_sm.pdf/download.html
See page 89-90 (5-13 and 5-14).
The A900 seems to have separate motors for charging the mirror and the shutter.

A new mirror box sells as a assembly not including the charger A-1556-572-B
(and also as a complete sub unit including the mount A-1565-977-A).

Used A900 seems to go for about USD 5000 (or less if there are some minor problems).


thank you for your help on the service manual doc, now i know clearly what to look for

i guess the price of used A900 is around USD 500-1000, hopefully i could find nice one 😊
Back to Top
se7en_fi5ty View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: 25 December 2020
Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Post Options Post Options   Quote se7en_fi5ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 23:47
Originally posted by waleskeg waleskeg wrote:

I may have missed it, but it doesn't help not knowing your location. A quick search on fleabay found 4 for sale here in the US. https://www.ebay.com/b/Sony-A900-Digital-Cameras/31388/bn_105867011


thank you for the list, yes Iíve looked around on ebay and mostly used A900 came from Japan, and while I was there some years ago, I was tempted to buy it but the honest seller from camerashop in kyoto told me that all camera sold in Japan is japanese version with japanese language (of course it does 😊), well i guess itís cool to have but i better not to trouble myself with it

anyway, the one from UK looks really good, maybe i can replace the ding on the prism with mine

 



Back to Top
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Equipment forums > Camera Talk > A-mount full frame Page  <12

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.

Monitor calibration strip

Dyxum.com - Home of the alpha system photographer

In memory of Cameron Hill - brettania

Feel free to contact us if needed.