FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

first frame blackout

Author
BasK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BasK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first frame blackout
    Posted: 22 October 2006 at 22:57
My 7D has this phenomenon now. I'm afraid I'm losing confidence in KM! After 25 years of happy using KM camera's KM is letting me down.
This is my second 7D body. The first was in repair for a not working MF mode, and after that the 5 blinking AF leds shutter lock.
So I got a new body. And this one is now having the first frame blackout problem. Does this get worse? Should I send it in for repair?

jaje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jaje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 23:04
Hi BasK,

This issue is getting a lot of attention recently: see here and here

It may not be repairable. On a more encouraging note, omerbey's camera is still working 10,000-15,000 frames after his 1st black frame.

Jay
finnt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote finnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 17:35
Sorry to hear that !
My 7D had the same problem - it got worse over time and the shutter assembly was replaced under warranty. Everything has been working perfectly for 2000 frames now.

Finn
BasK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote BasK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 19:00
What really bothers me is that from the known problems I had allready two. With two different bodies, but I had them. So what certainty do I have that when on this one the shutter problem is fixed, I won't get the AS led blinking problem?
lagaffe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote lagaffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 16:28
Hello,
I had the same issue fixed just recently by Zoomtron (In Montreal, Canada), just before the warranty ended (bought the 7D on October 4th 2005, got it in the repair shop in the last week of September).. It is fixable, if the techs can get their hands on the required parts. It took Zoomtron 3 weeks to get the work done, while estimate for repairs was done the next day I brought it into the shop. They "fixed the shutter mecanism", replaced the main PC board, updated the firmware performed a check on "other components". I've had it for two weeks and have not had a problem since then.

'Just hope not to have to get it in the repair shop for another while (I also had the BF issue, straight out of the box when I got it new). Good thing I had the instinct to buy an extended Mack warranty when I bought it last year!
Dyxum main page >  Forum Home > Equipment forums > Camera Talk > A-mount APS-C