Cosina AF 100mm F3.5 MC macro A-mount lens review by beeton

reviewer#25498 date: Feb-19-2016
compared to:Sigma 50mmm f2.8 (older), Yashica Dental 55 and 100 (converted to stop down for my A6000).
price paid:150 cdn
positive:Lightweight lens (in weight, not performance) mainly due to plastic body. This is a benefit when packing a bag with 2 bodies, adapters and multiple lenses. My wife over-packs undergarments. I over-pack photo equipment. Not being sexist, just sayin'.
negative:Hunts a bit in lower light and want to occasionally reset all across the range when focusing. Not my only lens that does this. Setting the focus limit on my A77ii helps.
comment:Wide open, this is a bit softer than the Sigma 50mm but improves quickly when stopping down to 5.6 and beyond. Neither touches my Yashica 55mm Dental without some correction but that is another forum.
Colour is good across the frame and no noticeable distortion. DXO-9 does not recognize this as a Tokina (sadly) so no corrections are applied but CA can be easily corrected and is not too bad in anycase. Overall, edges are clean and detail is fairly even across the frame wide open but stop down to 5.6 or beyond for best results.

Paid 150 cdn (at press time, around $105 U.S.) and is currently for sale for $150 cdn as I have overlapping lenses in this range.