Minolta AF 100-300mm xi F4.5-5.6 A-mount lens review by blek

CA control
minolta!
negative:motorized manual focus
battery eater
comment:A Big Beercan, kidnapped by aliens, and then turned into cyborg. Those aliens also cut off 25mm from it, but they also add extra protection from CA.

Its motorized manual focus kinda fun, actually.
For this lens, I think it is better to leave it at auto focus. It may miss sometimes, but all you need to do is just zooming out, lock, zooming in.

Btw, those aliens also use the same minolta logo. I wonder why... :P

Update:
Now she is broken. I can't use the powerzoom and the "manual" focus, but there is a switch to change whatever you use the auto zoom (which is powerzoom) or the manual zoom, which is push-pull.
And even I can't use her "manual" focus like before, I still think auto focusing is way better than the "manual" focusing, so, no problem so far.
I believe there is a way to hack her for enabling the real manual zoom tough. I'll update when I figure it out. :)

Update:
Hacked. You can make it's focus fully manual by simply removing the auto-focus screw. Dismantle it from the mount. Here is the article: