Minolta AF 100mm F2 A-mount lens review by DaveJonT

reviewer#7846 date: Aug-23-2010
compared to:Leica 90MM Summicron.
price paid:129.00
positive:Sharp at full aperture. Accurate dark interior focusing, especially with my Maxxum 9.
negative:Rarity: while I got mine incredibly cheap, I doubt I will ever buy another one.

The focusing ring: I just don't like the ring on any of the AF lenses.
comment:This is a great lens, no doubt about it. The largest print I have ever made came from a negative shot with this lens. Neopan 1600 printed at 12X18. Grainy as all heck, but not too grainy for my tastes, with a nice amount of vignetting as well. Still very sharp, and likely could have withstood a greater enlargement.

Yes, I actually paid 129 Canadian for it too. I cannot remember who it was, but there was someone who was collecting information for a website, prices paid, where you bought it, etc. I actually scanned my receipt and sent it to him. I bought it at a store that knew what it was and what it was worth, but felt that someone who knew would get a heck of a deal, but the thing was, they had to know. I knew. Too darn bad that I had to sell it. It was great.