Minolta AF 100mm F2 A-mount lens review by Roadkill

positive:VERY sharp
Contrast
LOVE the color
Overall OUTSTANDING!
negative:Hunts a little in some low light suitations.
comment:This is my first G-quality lens. Nothing eles I have comes close. Was going to get an 85 1.4 for portraits and happened to come across this and didn't blink an eye. Nice compact size, and weight is fine on my KM-5D. Hunts a little inside on low constrat subjects somtimes (sure my 5-D doesn't help there) but locks quicker than my 28 or 50. In good light this baby locks on FAST. Build is old school minolta. Solid, heavy, feels like it'll last forever. The colors just POP with this lens compared to my others. This lens on my 5-D is sharp wide open. I've been shooting mostly at f2.2 and loving it. It's what everyone of the other reviews say. I like my portraits a little sharper with nice bokeh to boot and I can't see it getting any better than this. This is one lens I can't ever see me selling. I can't hardley take it off even when I need something wider (35mm f2.0 here I come!). I can't recommend this lens highly enough, sharp, fast, compact, creamy bokeh and colors to die for! Get it if you can.