Minolta AF 100mm F2.8 Macro D A-mount lens review by glass-hoper

positive:legendary sharpness
solid build
large manual focus ring
negative:none really
hood is a little plastiky but works well and did not break down
the plastic exterior looks like it would scratch easily - I babied mine and made sure its always in a lens pouch when not on the camera and still looks like new.
comment:This lens is one in it's own league! It's my first dedicated macro lens- until now I have only shotted occasional mini-macros with zooms that had "macro capability". Although, this is not my regular cup of tea, it doesn't take much to recognize a great lens!

I spent the first morning with the lens firing 500+ shots in the public garden next to my house. I can only testify to the great reviews that have been posted here: Sharper than anything else I've seen, boketh a la carte, 0 distortion, great manual focus, and a very solid- reassuring build!

The autofocus is on the slow side, seems accurate with good light, the limiter probably would be helpful in more adverse conditions. Not really a downside though - the manual focus is easy to use and very addictive!

Guess I'll be turnining into a bugg and flowers hunter!
Highly recommended!