Minolta AF 100mm F2.8 Macro A-mount lens review by MrMJS

price paid:349.00
positive:color
contrast
sharpness
The lens seemed to balance well on both my A77 & A900.
negative:The focus ring is pretty thin. Also, on my A77 the focus peaking didn't seem to show as much as with my new lenes. I don't know if this was the lens or me [I'm new to focus peaking] but I could tell a difference compared to my 16-50 and Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Also, there was a little CA in the images, but thats pretty normal with these older Minolta lenses and is easily fixed in Lightroom.
comment:I really enjoyed this lens while I had it. I paid $349 used through KEH. [EX condition] I returned it mostly because the AF was inconsistent on my A77 & A900. When manual focus was used though it was perfect.

I know Macro's are best used with manual focus, but it was still an issue that I noticed. Another reason I returned the lens was for an extra $100 I can get a new Tamron 90mm macro and a six year warranty. I wont know if this was a good decision or not until I get the Tamron.

For close up photography the lens did a great job [manual focus] I uploaded a few samples in the sample forum. The IQ was very good for sure.

I'll revisit this review once I get the Tamron/different macro