Minolta AF 200mm F2.8 APO A-mount lens review by Dinostrich

Colour
ALMOST everything about it
negative:Hood in retracted position
Focus ring cover
comment:I have given this a testing in testing conditions and it is just an outstanding lens. Only one I have come across that rivals the macro for sharpness.
The results are such that I will have no qualms about using a 1.4X TC on it ( if I can get one ) and it will fill a prime gap.
An additional bonus is that it is easily hand-holdable and given its speed one does not have to worry too much about shutter speed ( within reason ) all of which really suits my style of shooting.
If I have to have a quibble it is that the hood in the retracted position is not securable and wobbles about a bit but the answer is to leave it extended ( except of course with a CPL on ). A further very, very minor quibble is that the focus ring cover is a touch flimsy. Neither are material enough to give it a mark down though.

Did I say it was an exceptional lens ?

Have subsequently added a 1.4X TC and any detrimental effects are absolutely minimal - a very useful addition which gives TWO great lenses so get one if you can.

( PS - the "white" is a matter of taste - makes you look professional ;-) )