Minolta AF 200mm F2.8 G APO HS A-mount lens review by damian.bradley

positive:- Size & Weught
- Image Quality
- Focus speed
- Build Quality
negative:- non-circular aperture? oh well.
comment:I honestly find it hard to see fault with this lens. If you like the focal length, there is nothing better. It's a great travel lens with it's diminutive size and weight. You are free to choose aperture based on shooting conditions without worrying about sharpness...it's as good wide open as it is stopped down, and probably the sharpest lens I've ever used. Image quality is just out of this world: Bokeh is wonderful, the 9 blade aperture isn't circular but I've never had issue with that, especially when shooting wide open with this lens is so much fun.

Some dislike the hood...yes in the ideal world it could be locked in the 'down' position, but again, I have no real qualms about this. I love integrated lens hoods, this one is no exception. HS focus is blistering compared to my other lenses. Focus limiter helps here too! I don't use the focus hold button, but it's good to know it's there.

The ability to take the Minolta APO TC's should not be ignored...I use it with the 2x with very good results.

Lives up to the hype. A legend.