Minolta AF 24-105mm F3.5-4.5 D A-mount lens review by NM Guy

positive:Light, small
Good minimum focus length
Good walk around range
negative:Not the sharpest
comment:This is the walk around lens generally on my wife's camera. It is generally a pretty good performer, particularly for the price. There are a lot of comments listed here that identify color, CA, sharpness limitation and more that I'm sure are valid in the type of shooting the users are doing. I've seen posts of most of the problems they have described. On the other hand, I've been consistently surprised by the photos my wife brings home with this lens. I know I've watched her take photos that I thought would have CA or not capture sufficient detail, then just to have to rethink my opinion of the lens.

The sharpness and color are sometimes a notch off of what our other lenses can capture but for the price it performs very well.

The lens is small and light enough that you can almost always bring it with you and not have your back pay a penalty.

I use the Minolta 28-135 lens which has a dismal minimum focus length. That leads to the comment in the Positive Comments section above about its focus length. She is usually good enough to share the lens when things get close.

In summary, the lens does have its short comings, but for the cost and the way we use it, it is a very capable performer.