Minolta AF 24-50mm F4 A-mount lens review by AVLB

Well built
Good focal range
Sharp when at f8-f11
negative:None so far
comment:Tried out this lens yesterday for the first time and was suitably impressed straight away. My copy was in particularly good condition and zoom is very smooth.
I decided to compare to my primes and did some test shots at f4 on all of them and at f11, which is the midpoint for all their apertures. At f4, the 24-50 was noticeably softer in the corners, but only at 100%. On an A4 size there was no discernible difference. At the smaller f11 aperture, this lens produces some very sharp results and it was hard to tell the difference between primes and zoom.
When compared to the smaller 35-70 f4, I would say that the 24-50 is better at all apertures and the only loss is the 50-70 range. This equates to about three paces, so I can live with that.
A great all round everyday little lens that is fast becoming a favourite on my A99. I would not bother using it on an APSC body, as there are better lenses available.
There does not seem to be many of these lenses on the market. Maybe there were not so many made, or owners want to keep them.