Minolta AF 24-85mm F3.5-4.5 RS A-mount lens review by pulsar
|pulsar#5866 date: Aug-17-2009|
flare control: 3
|ownership:||I own this lens|
|compared to:||- SAL 1870 (kit)|
|positive:||- Compact size|
- Longer reach
- Good looks
- Flower petal hood (though not much use on APC-S)
|negative:||- Little heavy (about Tamron 17-50/2.8)|
- Slightly loose when extended (as much as the kit)..maybe due to its age.
- Flare (it's a film-era lens)
- Not wide
|comment:||Compared to the kit,|
- Bit heavier, but similar length
- Better build with metal mount
- Brighter & more bokeh
- Very good range for general outdoor and home studio photography (36-128mm eqv.)
- Not much zoom creep despite its age & weight
- Step down a notch, it gets quite sharp
Had it for a couple of weeks and loving it.
Update: Had it for a few months now and still like it very much for mainly for its range and compactness. It's bit soft wide open. Not a negative point, but colour is bit yellow as well compared to Tamron 17-50.