Minolta AF 24-85mm F3.5-4.5 RS A-mount lens review by wuyi80

reviewer#7157 date: Mar-25-2010
sharpness: 4.5
color: 5
build: 5
distortion: 5
flare control: 5
overall: 4.9
tested on:
  • film camera:Film camera
  • APS-C: 6MP6 MP; 10MP10 MP; 12MP12 MP; 14MP14 MP; 16MP16 MP; 20MP20 MP; 24MP24 MP
  • full frame: 12MP12 MP; 24MP24 MP; 36MP36 MP; 42MP42 MP; 61MP61 MP
ownership:I own this lens
compared to:Minolta 35-80 F4-5.6 II
price paid:190 USD (used)
positive:Colours, zoom range, sharpness
negative:Non
comment:Suitable for travelling. Very sharp especially when stopped down. Nice colour. Spent 90% of time on my camera. The other 10% is when I'm doing tele- or macro.

rating summary

lens image
  • total reviews: 53
  • sharpness: 4.41
  • color: 4.68
  • build: 4.34
  • distortion: 4.19
  • flare control: 4.11
  • overall: 4.35
Dyxum.com - Home of the alpha system photographer
In memory of Cameron Hill - brettania