Minolta AF 28-100mm F3.5-5.6 D A-mount lens review by Cloneranger

light weight
fast AF
OK bokeh
negative:Flat at times
comment:I found this lens much better that the Sony 18-70mm kit lens, with good results indoors with or without a flash. The color is good but gets washed out in bright light. I've had better results in the shade or indoors.
I've had worse lenses that have been rated a lot higher in this forum. One really good thing is that if it gets broken it's no big deal! I got this lens at a flea market with a couple other lenses for next to nothing. I'm keeping it and using it. Would I recommend it? Yes, I would!

2/5/11: I recently tried to use this lens while shooting outside in the snow on a cloudy day. About 1/8th of the pictures were washed out and unusable, 1/4 were barely acceptable, and 1/2 were acceptable, and the other 1/8 were good. Not very good odds! But, in defense, I did say earlier that the lens was horrible in bright light and there is not much brighter conditions than new snow.
2/20/11 I fixed all but 3 photos in PS and they came out very well, clear, sharp, and good color.