Minolta AF 28-135mm F4-4.5 A-mount lens review by NIKO

reviewer#44546 date: Jul-7-2020
compared to:28-85 AF f3.5-4.5
Sigma 100-300 f4
price paid:$101
positive:The build of the lens is excellent to say the least. Heavy and surely made with plenty of metal and glass. It focuses fast and doesn't seem to hesitate at all.
negative:Focus accuracy seems to be hit or miss. Contrast isn't very good. Even though I'm shooting with APS-C cameras the edges don't seem to be sharp enough for me.
comment:It focuses fast, but I feel it too often is hit or miss on its accuracy. If the focusing gears were just a little slower perhaps it would focus more accurately. Sharpness isn't all that great if you ask me. I tested this lens on an A77MII and an A700. The same result. Contrast isn't all that great and I expected better.

The cosmetics of the sample I just acquired are Excellent++. I've never seen this lens in such good condition in person. A beautiful gem as cosmetics go.

All in all, I don't see why this lens is so legendary. Other than its build and range it's not all that great. Sorry.....