Minolta AF 28-135mm F4-4.5 A-mount lens review by shinka

Nice and sharp
Love the build quality
negative:Crappy minimum focus distance
terrible flare control
comment:Not much unique to add to what has already been said about this lens. It definitely has its quirks/disadvantages (minimum focus distance, flare control) but I really like this lens.

The first thing I noticed was the fantastic build-quality of this lens. Each end of the (very smooth) zoom range has wonderfully dampened stops that prevent lens creep and just feel very solid.

The flare control is kind of a problem. Not only is the front element right up to the front of the lens barrel, there is no provision for attaching a lens hood. I bought a shallow lens hood (about 1-inch deep) to help with flare, but it vignettes very badly at 28mm (on Full Frame), so that's not a very good option either. Until I find a better option, I'll just have to use my hand.

My favorite part of this lens, however it the colors. I think it's the best example of 'classic' Minolta colors I've seen (and I have lots of Minolta glass).

Overall image quality is superb, but if you're going to purchase this lens, make sure you're aware of its drawbacks as well as its positive attributes before buying.