Minolta AF 28-135mm F4-4.5 A-mount lens review by Nygaard

Weight
Range
Color
Sharp wide open
Very sharp closed down a bit
Fast AF
negative:Flare
Front element is way out there
No original hood
Could be faster
comment:I bought this lens a few days ago, after reading all the raving reviews on this wonderful page. The price wasn´t a bargain, and the front element had a few dings and scratches but this doesn´t affect my view on tis lens.
This lens is a gem! I must say that I agree with all the positive reviews, this lens is awesome. It is very reasonable sharp wide open, and closed down a stop it is on par with my 50mm. The range is perfect for me since I got the wide end covered with my Sigma 10-20. This lens is the perfect walk around lens, and though many might find it a bit on the heavy side, it balances great on my A700 with grip. The large front element is sitting right there in the very front of the lens, which makes it very prone to scratches and such, so a UV filter or an after market hood might help protecting it.

Its negatives put aside, this is a lens you shouldn´t hesitate to buy if you can find a decent copy. You are not going to buy mine, cause this one is definately a keeper!