Minolta AF 35-105mm F3.5-4.5 A-mount lens review by chileheadcraig

positive:Zoom range
Sharp!
negative:Focus noise
Close focus distance
comment:I am new to some of these older lenses. I have been used to using some newer and heavier lenses, so this actually feels pretty light to me. It is a good weight when attached to my A77. The close focus distance is exactly the same as my Tamron (70-300), so having such a long distance between 35-70 is an adjustment, BUT when you flick that macro switch, its a whole other story. It really shines in macro mode.

I also like the zoom range. I currently have a gap of 50-70mm between my lenses and I frequently switch back and forth. I really do like the range of this lens for the type of shots that I like to shoot.

The focus noise is something to get used to, but still isn't terrible. I dont really shoot video, so its not going to be an issue.

I'm really pleased with this lens and it was a steal for the price I paid. I may look into getting the original 70-210 beercan, but wondering how it will compare with my Tamron.