Minolta AF 35-105mm F3.5-4.5 A-mount lens review by Sildra

reviewer#1841 date: Feb-16-2007
compared to:Kit lens 18-70 3,5-5,6
Minolta AF 75-300 4,5-5,6
price paid:48 Euro (used)
positive:impressive sharpness
good AF speed
great felling in hand
negative:weight for some users
lack of AF in macro
distance of focus (min.1500mm)
comment:I bought lens to replace my kit lens. I had been searching for long time any review about them and after significant number of read opinions I decided to get one. Know I wonder why I hadn't bought them ealier.

Build is excellent and the felling when I hold it with body is pretty nice. The weight is a plus in my opinion as it properly balance camera during making a picture and better stabilizes hand (importent in long exposure by hand).

Sharpness. That is the point I was looking for. This one raises over other lenses and It's a tough player. Simply excellent even wide open at 3,5. Impressive. I took several pictures at my home when I shut some lights down and left only my desk lamp. I noticed that noice level is much less that with kit lens at ISO800 (Dynax 5D). That fact ensures me I made a good choice.

Minimal distance may be a problem inside small rooms (I like to picture my little boy and sometimes I miss more angle). But generally for me it's not a case, I use other lens then.

If someone asked me whether to buy this one to his collection I would answer: Even don't think about that, hurry up!