Minolta AF 35-105mm F3.5-4.5 A-mount lens review by AVLB

Nice colours
Good contrast
negative:Small hood
Not wide enough at 35mm
comment:This was my second FF lens purchased used. At first, I thought it looked a bit antique, but certainly well made and in excellent condition. It lacked a lens hood, but I found one for £15, again in perfect condition. Not really much of a hood, but does the job and is easily reversible, once you take the cap off.
The lack of wide angle, as I was used to on the 24-105, was slightly disappointing, but the quality of shots on the A850 was superb. I tested and tested between the 24-105 and 35-105, but in the end I could not tell any difference. The 24-105 though is lighter (mostly plastic, but still solid).
I was on a roll. Next came the 28-100, but very plastic feel and silver, so it will be sold on. I liked the 35-105, but knew I wanted something wider. Along came my latest addition in the form of 28-135. In comparison, this lens is so much heavier, but does have the attraction of wider and longer. Very similar lenses in build quality and results are hard to tell the difference.
May hang onto this lens, as is a lot lighter than its big brother. Both work fine on my SLT-68, although obviously not wide enough.