Minolta AF 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 A-mount lens review by Thkpic

reviewer#11617 date: Jan-17-2014
compared to:Anything else
positive:Cheap
negative:Cheap
comment:I'm changing my review because I think I was a bit to harsh. This lens is actually ok. To my surprise, you can get some interesting bokeh even at 70mm. It's cheap as dirt and does a decent job at taking pics.

The more I actually go out and shoot the more I realize that overall sharpness is over rated. I have a few Zeiss glass and think their awesome. But, going back and comparing you realize how much hype even lenses can be. It's a fun lens and like I said...dirt cheap.

Update: 2/16/2014
I've gotten some of my most interesting pics the past few weeks with this lens. For some odd reason the black and white shots have an eerie like quality to them. The pictures take on a really odd 3D effect if your shooting it on full frame. Not like my other glass- just different. This lens has it's own personality no doubt. I've now affectionately named it "The Creeper." You have to try out some black and white pics to see what I'm getting at. It's definetly interesting no doubt. That's Minolta for you.