Minolta AF 35mm F1.4 A-mount lens review by JamesAlpha850

Sharp-sharp @ f/2, even sharper beyond
A must-have Holy Grail lens
Rare craftsmanship
negative:Difficult to find
Commands high price/ also value
comment:A lens that requires a bit of mastery. Sharpness is present wide-open, but is more useful beyond f/2 and absolutely spectacular after f/4. This comment concerns technique relative to shallow depth of field and the lens' unique characteristics. I am totally impressed with the color and across the frame sharpness of this lens. The superb 3D-like images could only come from a lens of this caliber. "Blown away" is my sense of its images. This original version AF 35G came in minty condition, sold to me as like-new. The AF 35 1.4 G (old), along with the Minolta 85 G D, form the ideal two basic primes for my type of photography. This review is based on its full-frame performance when stacked up against other faster lenses that I use. If you can acquire one, I highly recommend it, especially for FF.
Update: I find that the 35mm G is a great companion lens for the CZ 24 f/2 Distagon T* on interior and exterior architectural shots. I love the distinct contrasts using the 35 while the Distagon seems to have a certain "pop" to the color tones. Each has 3D qualities of its own.