Minolta AF 35mm F2 A-mount lens review by marlon127

compared to:KM 28-75/2.8 D
KM 50/1.7
CZ 24-70/2.8
KM 24/2.8
positive:Very light, sharp, with excellent color and better flaring control than other short KM primes.
negative:Hood is too small and contributes to flaring in some situations.
comment:This is one of my favorite lenses despite the fact that I own the CZ 24-70. It has some of the best bokeh you will ever see on such a shot focal lens even from 2 it is sharp all the way up to 14 or so. It is very light and boasts great color and contrast. This has become my event lens for wedding receptions, indoor socials, and even simple street stuff. In situations where zooming isn't important it is my go to lens due to size, weight, and low light ability.

When I rated the flaring I took into account that all short primes I've encountered on mumerous systems seem to be more inclined to flaring. Compared to other short primes (16, 24, 35, 50) it does the best. But still not as good as zooms I've used in this range. Some of this can be contributed by the odd hood but it is also a flaw of the lens.