Minolta AF 35mm F2 A-mount lens review by saxbike

Beautiful Color
Almost no distortion
Lightweight
Speed
negative:I just wish all of my lenses were this good
comment:This lens is a magnificent performer. It is my most expensive prime so far. This lens and the Minolta 50mm f3.5 are the only lenses that i have rated as '5' across the board, but this one has the advantage of f2. And wide open it appears to perform exceptionally well. I might find a slight difference in sharpness between f2 and f4 or f5.6, but It's probably more dependent on my skill to hit the focus accurately. The overall images that come from this lens have a wonderful quality that is perceptively better than the other primes. It is becoming a fixture on the a850. When I process the RAW files, I find that I am using less sharpening than with other lenses to achieve the same result. The combination on the a850 is well balanced. I am very fond of this focal length. It is wide enough to get in close to subjects, yet it suffers little effect of the usual wide-angle distortion. The correction for this lens in PT-Lens is minimal. Highly recommended.