Minolta AF 70-210mm F4 (beercan) A-mount lens review by GlassEye

Reasonably Fast
Good Zoom Range
negative:Purple Fringing
Heavy (of course)
comment:If you like purple outlines, you'll love this lens! Even down to f8, this lens in not good zoomed all the way out. It does get considerably better by f11 or so.
All that said, it is still a good lens for the $. It is sharp even at a pretty wide aperture. I like that it feels and looks like a 'real' lens! Be careful of the CA and remember, a lot of that can be taken care of PP.

5-2-2012: Update. The more I use this lens, the more I like it. It truly is sharp. I use it often as a 'walk around' lens. It works reasonable well as a close up lens for flowers and such.
I did have to send it tho KEH for repair, though. The focus just locked up. The repair cost $110, about 1/2 the original purchase. It came back about like new. KEH repaired the focus and went all through it. I think they even cleaned whatever dust may have been inside. All in all,for the price, a keeper.

2013-10-22 Update: Sadly, I just couldn't live with this lens. Zoomed out and at distance it just wouldn't give me sharp results. The contrast seemed to go, too. Some of this was fixable in post, but not enough.