Sigma 100-300mm F4 EX DG IF APO A-mount lens review by Kirk

Sigma 500/7.2
positive:Build
Lens length does not change with Focus or Zoom
negative:Weight
comment:I recently picked up this lens along with the Sigma 1.4 TC. I was looking for a long telephoto lens and after reading the reviews, I settled on this one and following my first outing at the Zoo, I can't be happier. The sharpness blows my other long Sigma's out of the water (70-300 and 500/7.2). The constant f/4 is a nice bonus as well. I was worried about the focus speed on my 7D, but again was very satisfied.

The lens is very heavy and best used with a tripod or monopod, but can be handheld. The plus side of it being heavy is that it is build is excellent The lens has the usual EX finish which I personally like. The focus and zoom rings are large use a rubber coating.

The only downsides I have noticed thus far is the method to switch between AF and MF along with the proximity of the tripod mount and zoom ring.

Update: Have been using this lens on my A900 for sometime now and could not be happier on its performance on FF. Continues to be a favorite lens of mine!